Conditions Skyline 2/14/09

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
So I went out for a road ride because I was not sure how conditions were at Ringwood/Skyline. I rode past Ringwood, snow is almost gone, ground seems hard enough, some lakes are still frozen up there. Climbed Skyline Dr. stopped at the top lot. Saw a few cars, snow all gone and trails are hard enough. I suspect the fireroad around the lake is muddy and icy, but singletrack seemed good to ride. I guess the recent cold temps & wind help a lot. Here is how it looked like.
IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Funny, I didn't see a single roadie out there...too cold?????

I totaled almost 44miles and broke my own speed record going down on skyline drive at 41.7/mph....I had to brake, I still don't trust them skinny tires :D

J-Dro

I broke my own speed record going down on skyline drive at 41.7/mph....I had to brake, I still don't trust them skinny tires :D

I'm a woos on skinny tires too. My record is also 41mph and then I had to hit the brakes. Visions of hitting an unexpected pothole or branch were rushing through my head.:eek:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Not a bad idea to watch the speed. Potholes are bad this year. mr pixy and I have flatted our tandem every ride this year:rofl:.

Thanks for the pictures. The trails are looking better for sure.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions