Holy Headwinds Batman!!

Wobbegong

Today I pedaled downhill, out of the saddle, doing 10 miles and hour! :cry:

It was whipping out there today, especially in the sod farm areas of central NJ. The tailwind was amazingly fast, but you paid for it dearly on the switch.

I'll take 60 degrees and 50 miles in February any day. :)

Saw lots of MTBNJ folks out there today. Nice!

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I got in my 4 hours before the wind picked up. Of course, it was also dark when I left my house:D

-Jim.

THATmanMANNY

O-M-G I was gonna post something about the wind too. Sorry I couldn't ride this morn. I had to ride later in the day but could only get in a short one. Just got back. I tried my best to tuck myself behind the bars but didn't help too much. At one point I went from 20mph to 12mph.. on the flats!

J-Dro

I stayed up in the hills of West Amwell/Flemington area today. The wind wasn't too bad there except when you hit the occasional wide open area.

So what did we learn today? Avoid the flatlands and head for the hills. :D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Did see a mtbnj jersey also. Turned out to be RNG1, and he tagged along for some.

I'm glad to have been able to hide in the mountains a bit today and stay out of the heavy winds. I did get caught in a rain shower. So between that and the melting snow, I came home looking like I went mountain biking with all the road grime, wet and salt. I guess I got my ebsom salt bath while riding. With the warm temps, the squish between the toes and the soggy bum :rolleyes: did not stop me from smiling.

ArmyOfNone

Today I pedaled downhill, out of the saddle, doing 10 miles and hour! :cry:

It was whipping out there today, especially in the sod farm areas of central NJ. The tailwind was amazingly fast, but you paid for it dearly on the switch.

Saw lots of MTBNJ folks out there today. Nice!

I saw you son!!! Sorry I didnt stop. I was running a bit short on time. :hmmm:

RNG1

Did see a mtbnj jersey also. Turned out to be RNG1, and he tagged along for some.

I'm glad to have been able to hide in the mountains a bit today and stay out of the heavy winds. I did get caught in a rain shower. So between that and the melting snow, I came home looking like I went mountain biking with all the road grime, wet and salt. I guess I got my ebsom salt bath while riding. With the warm temps, the squish between the toes and the soggy bum :rolleyes: did not stop me from smiling.

Hey Pix, good to see you and sir pix today, I am still amazed that you happened to pass my corner as I was coming out. Nice to ride with the group at least for a little while, managed to get some pretty good miles in afterwards but man did that wind pick up on the route I took. Hope to connect with you guys next sunday.

doctor855

had a tailwind and was averaging 28mph for one stretch of road, turned the corner and was knocked down to twelve and struggling to keep it there. other than the wind it was beautiful out there today.

C.Puncher

Yo

A great day indeed. This week looks good too. Central Jersey forecast is 40's and dry til Friday.

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

A great day indeed. This week looks good too. Central Jersey forecast is 40's and dry til Friday.

Im riding to lambertville tomorrow. :getsome: Ill take these temps from now till next Feb.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Im riding to lambertville tomorrow. :getsome: Ill take these temps from now till next Feb.

rode to lambertville today in hopes of hiding from the wind, semi successful but it was f-ing whipping out there.

btw, the climb on 518 out of lambertville was far steeper than I realized (descended it many time), hit it up! Oh and the pavement on 518 is smooth as silk....

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I rode yesterday. the sidewinds were a bitch, but I managed to avoid any straight on headwinds for the better part of the ride. It was actually so warm that I rode in normal summer shoes and socks and I had to take my gloves off 5 miles in because my hands were so hot. Took the day off today to beat myself up on the little bike. I'll be out later in the week a few times I am sure.

ArmyOfNone

rode to lambertville today in hopes of hiding from the wind, semi successful but it was f-ing whipping out there.

btw, the climb on 518 out of lambertville was far steeper than I realized (descended it many time), hit it up! Oh and the pavement on 518 is smooth as silk....

Yea coming up out of there on that road aint no joke! mmmm smooth roads:drooling::drooling:

Wobbegong

Thursdays forcast.....

Thursday
Partly sunny and very windy. Highs in the mid 50s. West winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

BiknBen

Thursdays forcast.....
Partly sunny and very windy. Highs in the mid 50s. West winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.

My car has been at the office since Monday. I drove in Monday with food and computer and have been riding each way since. I was hoping to ride until either weather or family required me to drive home. I could ride home again tonight. Then ride in again tomorrow but drive home.

6am forecast for the morning is 20-30mph WSW winds. That would be the perfect tailwind. :hmmm: I'll do it as long as it is not raining before I leave today.

THATmanMANNY

Tomorrow is outta the question. I hope I can pull "I don't feel well" (which I kinda don't. These biznitches at work be getting me sick) and go home early and ride the road today. It's looking really nice until later in the evening

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I hope I can pull "I don't feel well"

I've been sick since Sunday and finally called out of work today. Of course Dr. Me suggested to myself that 3 hours in the saddle along the canal into Princeton should cure whatever ails me:D

On the way back the wind started picking up and it feels like there's a storm a brewin'. My 3 hours tomorrow should be wet:hmmm:

-Jim.

PS-I also got to stop into Halter's and say hi to Jay and Chris, it was my first time, they were gentle.

THATmanMANNY

F you headwind, love you Endurox

Went home to get better, but likewise, Dr. I was coerced by the weather and warcricket for a ride to New Hope. After battling lots of headwind and going into it at 17mph, I almost packed it in at 1h30m . I never bring along my E drink on rides but thankfully I dunno why I did today. Saved my life :D

check out the ride to New Hope!

Top Bottom