9W North-east Bergen county

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
That section of 9W has more bike traffic than anywhere I can think of...

Caution: even going back 20+ years when I worked in the area, police were ticketing roadies for not riding single file, especially on weekdays.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am near Fort Lee, but I haven't done too much road riding. That will probably change when I get my fixie setup.

Has anyone checked out Strictly Bicycle's new location on 9W?

RNG1

Great, we should go ride together sometimes. I'm still new to road biking. I'm getting my new bike tomorrow.

Sounds good, my schedule is pretty tight with work and family (kids) schedule but I always find a time to get out there. As soon as there is more light I get out early so let me know if you are an early riser.

BTW, Strictly's new location is really cool, he doesn't have a whole lot of off road stuff set up yet but some really nice stuff. He's doing a coffee bar thing in there and is making it a cool place to meet up for road rides.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I ride out towards 9W too. Although the shoulder is very wide, the cars go pretty fast on that road, so it is not my favorite road. I use it to connect up other routes. I'm closer to Paramus, so I have my choice of riding north near the hudson or north near Harriman. Harriman is great too.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I ride out towards 9W too. Although the shoulder is very wide, the cars go pretty fast on that road, so it is not my favorite road. I use it to connect up other routes. I'm closer to Paramus, so I have my choice of riding north near the hudson or north near Harriman. Harriman is great too.

I never thought to road bike through harriman. Great call, should be some beautiful rides this spring.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I never thought to road bike through harriman. Great call, should be some beautiful rides this spring.

They do not plow Lake Welch, Arden Valley or Perkins between Nov and Apr., but things should be thawing out a bit now. I feel like I am Lance training in the alps up there in the winter. :) It is awesome in the summer too.

RNG1

I've never ridden up there with my road bike either and last summer I had planned to do a century and head up but the couple of times I could swing it I couldn't find anyone to join me and given I wasn't that familiar with it I didnkt want to go alone. I guess the other thing is that when I negotiate that kind of time I'd rather be on dirt but this is another goal for me to aim for this year.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
they need to repave Seven Lakes Drive.

ha! ....seven lakes has been like that for decades. If parks don't have money to pay employees, do you think they have money to repave? Every spring they just fill in the holes and leave those cracks. da, dun, da ,dun,.... da dun, da, dun!

Advise: go in to the park on 106. It is a county road and gets repaved every few years.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Thanks for the reminder Justin. I rode up there today for the first time in awhile. Plenty of snow cover up there yet. I rode through hot and cold pockets of air. Ahhhh! Certainly was a nice day. :) I hope everyone had a chance to at least get outside for a walk today.

Robson

9w

I'm amazed by number of cyclist on 9W. Last Saturday I rode to GWB and back (30 miles round trip from my house) and almost every minute I saw someone on bike. This is fun! It's so much easier to pedal and so much speed:)

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Did you ride today? Wind was brutal!!

Ken and I did the hill I tried to send you up(if you would have made a right at the stop) up to 21% grade with the wind at 18 mph right in our faces, SWEET... (read that: sweet Jesus it's a wonder we lived;))

How's the wind out there on 9W?

Top Bottom