A clever new EBB and lightweight carbon fork from Niner Bikes

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Those things are so hot that it has me thinking that maybe full rigid wouldn't be a bad thing...

Ian F

Thats just scary and painful! GL if you decide to go that route.:)

I think with a good fork, rigid may not be that bad. When I test rode Halter's Haro 29er, the rigid fork was rough on me, but all things considered, not unbearable... and that is a steel fork... I could see running one of these on a HT someday... especially in the Winter when I don't like to subject a suspension fork to the harsh conditions.

ArmyOfNone

I think with a good fork, rigid may not be that bad. When I test rode Halter's Haro 29er, the rigid fork was rough on me, but all things considered, not unbearable... and that is a steel fork... I could see running one of these on a HT someday... especially in the Winter when I don't like to subject a suspension fork to the harsh conditions.

I rode have ridden the Mary rigid at the Sourlands (am i nuts!?!?) and at Chimney Rock. Both were painful and frightening rides. My only carbon fork experience has been at Allaire and Six mile on my cross bike. The dampening is pretty good. So there may be something to it. Id like to try it, but still not sure about the rocks.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Carbo Loading

The fork is pretty sick.

Keep in mind that the 09 forks have a new Reduced axle to crown of 470mm while the 08' forks were 490. The earlier frames are all based around a 490 so if you throw a new fork on it you will be dropping the front end by 2cm. It is rideable with a 2cm drop but you will steepen the HT angle a fair bit.

470 btw is the same # that a fox f29er comes setup with stock. This is also about the same length that Haro uses on the Mary.

I think that this is good for all involved as it lowers the front end and increases standover.

I spoke at length today with the nat sales manager at Niner about the forks and why they did it.

It turns out that they sell a lot of rigid forks with their hardtail frames. More so on the ss bikes I would guess??

The fork has post mount disc tabs and it tests out to incredibly high strength #'s.

It should be around $350 which I think is pretty reasonable.

We should start to see these in May.. Which means June.

They are painting them in all the same stock colors as their hardtail frames.

Top Bottom