Trashed!

beachwoodbikes

Shop: Beachwood Bikes
Shop Keep
The trails are absolutely trashed. About as bad as it can possibly get. Looks like 500 people showed up yesterday to see if that would help the trails.:cry:

Frank

Sasquatch
I drove past the lot at 8:30 am and the lot was 1/3 full and I was hopeful, when I drove past at noon the lot was packed. So much for our trail condition reports of soupy...all it means is that people brought crackers.

Norm, I take back what I said.:(

ebineezer

do you guys think ANYWHERE in jersey will be rideable this week? i'd love to get out there but its not lookin good.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
For the most part, those I encountered on the trail were weekend warriors, or your once/twice a year type - So their chances of being informed were minimal. I, of coarse was not actually riding anything other than the fire roads.:eek:

THATmanMANNY

That stinks. Sorry to hear about that Allaire crew. Like FFT said they are prob your once in a while riders who don't give a damn about the work and think trails repair themselves. But then it was probably really hard to ward off people from being outside when it was 50*F.

I know other states have signs to prohibit trail use in their parks when wet. Does Allaire have a sign up warning people they will damage the trails riding under certain conditions? Everyone isn't an mtbnj lurker and therefore, not well informed. Maybe something to consider when just about 100+ riders show up on any given sat or sun.

Frank

Sasquatch
Please pardon my frustration but with more rain in the forecast, it is not looking too good for the weekend right now. We'll see.

Frank

Sasquatch
I know other states have signs to prohibit trail use in their parks when wet. Does Allaire have a sign up warning people they will damage the trails riding under certain conditions?

Hey Manny,
Allaire is a state park so we must follow the rules governing signage. It was mentioned at our meeting with the park yesterday though so I am hopeful for some signage with respect to trail conditions in the future. We are also going to construct a sniper tower for me as well.;)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I drove past the lot at 8:30 am and the lot was 1/3 full and I was hopeful, when I drove past at noon the lot was packed. So much for our trail condition reports of soupy...all it means is that people brought crackers.

Does Allaire have a sign up warning people they will damage the trails riding under certain conditions? Everyone isn't an mtbnj lurker and therefore, not well informed. Maybe something to consider when just about 100+ riders show up on any given sat or sun.

Allaire probably would not put a sign trying to keep people off the trails but could we see if they wouldnt mind ATUG putting up a sign educating fellow MTB'S. I doubt someone would put their bike back in the car so as not to cause rutting after they have already driven there, but maybe they would think twice before coming out in the soup again.
Its suprising how many MTB's don't know of this site or any riding etiquette/responsibility.:(

Frank

Sasquatch
Allaire probably would not put a sign trying to keep people off the trails but could we see if they wouldnt mind ATUG putting up a sign educating fellow MTB'S. I doubt someone would put their bike back in the car so as not to cause rutting after they have already driven there, but maybe they would think twice before coming out in the soup again.
Its suprising how many MTB's don't know of this site or any riding etiquette/responsibility.:(

Good point Iggy but it will fall into the Signage policy the park has. But it sure couldn't hurt to ask again. On my list of "to do's".

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good point Iggy but it will fall into the Signage policy the park has. But it sure couldn't hurt to ask again. On my list of "to do's".

Whats the signage policy? Does this mean we can't post info on the bulletin board.
Oh well, this spring TM will be much needed. See you there:D

betta285

I wonder when/if it will be stable enough to ride anytime soon. I was hoping for a few dry days and maybe a nice ride on Wednesday, in the 60 degree heat, but with the forecast calling for rain tomorrow night, who the hell knows.

Jim

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I wonder when/if it will be stable enough to ride anytime soon. I was hoping for a few dry days and maybe a nice ride on Wednesday, in the 60 degree heat, but with the forecast calling for rain tomorrow night, who the hell knows.

Jim

no rain...dont say that please. i am off from work every Wednesday and NEED to get MARY out in the dirt/sand.

mwlikesbikes

Funny how my road bike got 10 times dirtier on the road yesterday than my HT got on sat morn at Allaire!
Maybe we can do some rouge sign posting! :getsome: WARNING! Albino trail Wookie ahead!!!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions