west side bike path at the start of the ride
100_1190.jpg

saw a few of these...prob the reason so many new paths in the city
100_1199.jpg

3 of us in central park
100_1202.jpg

MIGs P.O.S
100_1203.jpg

NYC is very SS friendly...we saw a lot of SS road and geared MTBs and fixies...o and tons of hot chicks

got a few more but pretty much the same stuff. next time i'll post something up so more of yous can come now that we know what to expect in the city. plenty of paths and miles to be put down. central park on the weekend with no car traffic is great, the 3 of us never rode in the city it was a blast. nice weather and shitty jokes makes for a good ride sometimes...enjoy

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
100_1206.jpg

i started taking pictures while riding, got a little better as we went on
100_1209.jpg

see, walter on the Brooklyn Bridge
100_1212.jpg

um...
100_1216.jpg

MIG on the BB
100_1219.jpg

all 3 on the BB

oops...you can only use 8 at a time, here is the rest

walter

Fourth Party
Awesome time today, I hope everyone got out to enjoy the weather. A lot of fun today, tons of humor and the sights were cool. I have to say that today was the first time in my life I saw the Intrepid, Central Park, South Street Seaport and everything in between. Can't wait to go back, great change of pace.

Here's the data

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7593637

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
That looks like a lot of fun. Someone at work told me about that bike path but I never got around to checking it out. Any of you doing the 5 Boro?

hooples3

Nice ride... I live in brooklyn and try to ride the WestSideHwy a few times a month. Its a great ride and awesome for sight seeing. Next time you plan on going let me know.. I'd love to Join in

Last edited:

Sircrashalot

We car pooled over to the Staten Island Ferry, took the ferry to Battery Park. The bike path is right there.

Nice....if you ever do it again & don't mind more folks post up- I for one would be into that- especially on a day like 2day when the trails are all soup.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Nice....if you ever do it again & don't mind more folks post up- I for one would be into that- especially on a day like 2day when the trails are all soup.

we would have but having never done it before we weren't sure of the details ...what time to meet, where to meet, and like i said we've never rode in the city and ii/we didnt know what to expect as far as the bike routes...i knew the west side had a path but wasn't sure bout the rest of the city. now knowing what we do its a great thing to do on "day after storms or thaws" the city is very SS friendly. plus its not much further then some of the trails we normally ride at (allaire, 6mile, CR, mercer) next time we go we have a ride to stick to. but next time there will def be a post.

antgold

cool ride ....

I'm starting to think about a day epic home NY home ...
is there a sidewalk on the bridges crossing to Staten island ?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I did a couple good rides last year in NY.

Parked in Fort Lee, rode over the GW down through Central Park, down the island (did both the center and west side) and over the Brooklyn Bridge and then hitting up Highbridge Park on the way back.

I'd be totally down meeting up with some people to do it again. :) It's a nice "road" ride that's perfect for a mountain bike and waaaaayyyyy more scenic than a real road ride.

-Steve in NJ

Lewie

I'm starting to think about a day epic home NY home ...
is there a sidewalk on the bridges crossing to Staten island ?

On the outerbridge or goethals there are no sidewalks to get into staten island, from NJ.

You could always take the fast ferry out of atlantic highlands into the city with your bike and then start riding.

G

Greenman

That sounds like a nice ride for this time of year when you get these gifted warm days from mother nature. Great adventure guys!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
If you want some route suggestions I'd be glad to map some out for you... there's a lot of cool stuff that's off the beaten path...

Top Bottom