TWITCH, New to the area and back in the saddle finally!!

T

TWITCH1

I'm a 25 y/o male and in the USCG. I am pretty new to jersey and i have ridden estell manor a couple of times. But i am having a hard time with the trail for some odd reason. If anyone goes out there let me know. I'm not real fast anymore and i've probably fallen back to the beginner level but i love to ride. My wife doesnt understand the obsession with cycling but she lets me ride still. :drooling:

T

TWITCH1

I ride a 2000 cannondale jekyll 800, having some brake issues at the moment so if anyone knows how to replace the friggin brake pads on the julie disc brake please tell me. Thanks.

F

frankinnj

Welcome! I don't know how to replace brakes and I have never ridden at the manor but welcome anyway. There are alot of good posts and here and good people.

grilledcheeseking

whats up twitch, i'm new to mtbnj, but basically a lifetime jersey boy. welcome! there are a bunch of cool places to ride, hike, etc. here.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Welcome Twitch.

Move to Piscataway. That's where all the cool kids live.

-Jim.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Welcome Aboard,
post up to the shop talk area about your brake issues there are alot of real good wrench type peeps that can help out..

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
brakes? i use trees to slow down. particularly on patriot's path.

welcome the the greatest show on the interweb.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
as long as you do not use your face to slow you down....
me after my faceplant Sunday morning....

Attachments

• IMG00002.jpg
    IMG00002.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 115

C.Puncher

Fast twitch, slow twitch....

I'm a 25 y/o male and in the USCG. I am pretty new to jersey and i have ridden estell manor a couple of times. But i am having a hard time with the trail for some odd reason. If anyone goes out there let me know. I'm not real fast anymore and i've probably fallen back to the beginner level but i love to ride. My wife doesnt understand the obsession with cycling but she lets me ride still. :drooling:

Come on out....man, there's something for everyone around here.

Even in the south with us uncool kids.......:getsome:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG

Welcome aboard TWITCH1,... Keep an eye out for the beginner rides at Allaire to start back up in the early spring. You will find some one to ride with here, (as others have said). Also, Mike,...Dude! You have to ride behind me to get better aquainted with the "tuck & roll" move I use 2 or 3 times on an average ride. Take it easy man.

T

TWITCH1

Im more of the southern boy myself... The further south the happier i am. :getsome:texan born and bread:getsome:

T

TWITCH1

Similar to texas toast...:D speaking of texas toast,:drooling: Man, you put some texas toast with some leftover ribs from the superbowl party... mmmboy, thats good eatin!!!

Top Bottom