Sram or Shimano Brakes?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So I have a bad case of upgraditis and it looks like my no-name (maybe tektro?) brakes are the next on the chopping block. Would like some opinions on some brakes. The Sram brakes have caught my eye but shimano just has too much reputation behind them to not give them a chance. I would be looking at Ultregra and either Force or Rival. I want a polished brake too because I like the look. Any other brands worth a look?

BiknBen

So I have a bad case of upgraditis and it looks like my no-name (maybe tektro?) brakes are the next on the chopping block. Would like some opinions on some brakes. The Sram brakes have caught my eye but shimano just has too much reputation behind them to not give them a chance. I would be looking at Ultregra and either Force or Rival. I want a polished brake too because I like the look. Any other brands worth a look?

I doubt you would notice a difference between the SRAM and Shimano offerings. I choose by looks and price.

There are others but you would quickly double the price tag. Zero-Gravity comes to mind. ;)

http://www.zerogravitybike.com/

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
I'm usually more of a function over fashion guy, but the ciamillo custom color service is really, really cool. You could get 2 sets of sram red brakes for less than 1 set of the zg's, but they look sooooo sweet and are lighter than air I think.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'm usually more of a function over fashion guy, but the ciamillo custom color service is really, really cool. You could get 2 sets of sram red brakes for less than 1 set of the zg's, but they look sooooo sweet and are lighter than air I think.
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=125271

They stop for shit as compared to Red or DA. The Neg Gravity version might work but I have not tried them.

Having ultra light brakes that can't stop you seems inane to me. But being that I am 200+ brakes are important.

trener1

To the original poster..
I have ridden Dura Ace, Ultegra and Rival and I don't really think that I could tell any difference in stopping power, go for looks or price, but they all work well.

Top Bottom