In need of a fix

warcricket

Like a Jerk
yuk, the scrambler frameset is toe overlap in a can. otherwise, the site is very colorful.

Last edited:

BiknBen

yuk, the scrambler frameset is toe overlap in a can.

Yes, but that is the traditional track geometry.

I like the chain colors. I'm a bit miffed by the statement that a 1/8" chain works for both 1/8" and 3/8". I must be out of the loop.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Yes, but that is the traditional track geometry.

I like the chain colors. I'm a bit miffed by the statement that a 1/8" chain works for both 1/8" and 3/8". I must be out of the loop.

It usually can but the chain will rock around since the cog is so much narrower than the cog.

btw. those colored chains are nothing great. i would rather a SRAM chain spray painted in the color of choice.

ellbiddy

You forget the cost of the tight jeans that go along with those pink chains....hidden fees add up quick. That 15$ pink chain will cost you at least 30$ in undersized jeans, $5 in pink shoe laces, $60 in goofy sunglasses and a few other costs.... but the end result...priceless:

2568911539_8670851bd3.jpg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The thing about the popularity of fixies that I would expect but haven't seen is traumatic hand injuries.

It is super easy to completely mangle you fingers if you aren't careful.

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
You forget the cost of the tight jeans that go along with those pink chains....hidden fees add up quick. That 15$ pink chain will cost you at least 30$ in undersized jeans, $5 in pink shoe laces, $60 in goofy sunglasses and a few other costs.... but the end result...priceless:

2568911539_8670851bd3.jpg

Usually the glasses are cheaper, but in order to be chic... I guess you're right :rolleyes::rofl:

I'm sure we've all seen this, but it's on the topic: http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/

BiknBen

The thing about the popularity of fixies that I would expect but haven't seen is traumatic hand injuries.

It is super easy to completely mangle you fingers if you aren't careful.

Funny, that was one of my phobias whenever I worked on my Surly when it was fixed. I was afraid to put my hands anywhere near the drive-train when the wheel was spinning.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
It usually can but the chain will rock around since the cog is so much narrower than the cog.

btw. those colored chains are nothing great. i would rather a SRAM chain spray painted in the color of choice.

yea, the 410h is bottom of the barrel. 510hx or 710sl are my favorite kmc 1/8" chains.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Funny, that was one of my phobias whenever I worked on my Surly when it was fixed. I was afraid to put my hands anywhere near the drive-train when the wheel was spinning.

I got my finger stuck in my BMX bike chainring when I was little. Luckily just 1 puncture in my index finger and that was it. But still have that phobia so my hands go no way near the drivetrain when its spinning.

Top Bottom