Did anyone ride today (1/24)?

rlb

What are the trails like? I'm hoping there wont be any ice tomorrow as I might be out there.

BiknBen

Agreed... We need a total meltdown followed by 6 inches of dry fluffy snow to get back what we had.

otherwise studs are going to be the way to go.

NOOOooooo!!!!!

I was looking forward to another Wednesday ride. :cry:

rlb

lame. Even if we do get a bit of snow its supposed to go above freezing Friday and Sunday. Here's hoping they're wrong.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
NOOOooooo!!!!!

I was looking forward to another Wednesday ride. :cry:

I really doubt it. Even if we get a good amount of snow there will still be a base of solid ice underneath.

The conditions of last week won't soon be repeated. :cry:

X

xcrunner1991

Was out on Sunday with Tommycrash....I think a bobsled would have been a much better equipment choice.

I agree. Which side did you start from? Me and my buddy went from the 27 side. We hit some unmarked trails that led to ice covered with a nice layer of snow. Lets just say that did not go well.

supermike

I was there on Sunday too. I think alot of the trail maintenance could have been done with a Zamboni.

Has anyone been out there since yesterday's snow?

THATmanMANNY

Looked at the trail from South Middlebush this morn passing by. Of course no tire tracks because it was pure rain yesterday. Whatever has been compacted down last week is now a river of ice. You will need studs, some skates, and some faith if you want to ride 6mile :D

jdog

Shop Keep
I broke down and bought the Nokian studded 29er tires. They should be here today.

I will let you know how it is..

jdog

Shop Keep
I advise some hockey hip pads to go along with these...

2 winters back I went on a ice ride at Allaire with Fred and My friend Rob Holmes. Rob is like a 130 lb tri geek.

Rob had studded tires. He never fell. Fred fell like 5000 times. I thought he was going to quit riding after that day.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
2 winters back I went on a ice ride at Allaire with Fred and my friend Rob Holmes. Rob is like a 130 lb tri geek.

Rob had studded tires. He never fell. Fred fell like 5000 times. I thought he was going to quit riding after that day.
Yeah, your other friend ChrisG rode around the parking lot that morning and then went home to the safety of his rollers...:p

I've fallen hard on both hips over the last two weekends. Sleeping has been an adventure.:cry:

jdog

Shop Keep
Yeah, your other friend ChrisG rode around the parking lot that morning and then went home to the safety of his rollers...:p

I've fallen hard on both hips over the last two weekends. Sleeping has been an adventure.:cry:

ahh.. I remember that guy.. Furry faced type I seem to think:hmmm:

Ian F

Hmm... good point... I'm supposed to ride this w/e at French Creek... better pack the MX hip pads... :eek:

I'd imagine snowboarding padded shorts would work well too (but I don't have those).

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions