13 Degrees and Beautiful

LandCruiser

Wasn't that bad, toes were cold at the end (I need Booties). Tomorrow should be a little warmer, but still like a frozen rope.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Gonna try for around 14:00 today supposed to crack 20...I have a thing to go to tomorrow :(

djm

Went for a ride today. It was awesome but my toes went numb after 10 minutes. The rest of me was fine though. Will track down some toe warmers and try again tomorrow!!

Rogers

i dont own anything warm enough for this cold. i can do in the 20s but id be way to cold like this.

I just got back from Allaire and was super warm. Here is what you need to ride when it is this cold from the bottom up. Thick wool socks, Winter Lake Shoes, Some kinda of fleece line tights and if you want a wind breaker over them. An underarmour cold gear shirt (the one almost like a wet suit) one fleece and a wind breaker, a head/face thing and winter gloves and glove liners. It take a while for the fingers to warm up but I could have ridden 10 degrees colder and would have been fine. Colder than this one more layer. It's all about layers and good materials. NO cotton. I rode for a little over an hour and couldn't even tell it was around 19 degrees out.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
It's all about layers and good materials. NO cotton. I rode for a little over an hour and couldn't even tell it was around 19 degrees out.
I second that I had on two layers top and bottom plus a pair of hunting socks and of course my snowmobile gloves and was quite toasty...I took a self face shot did not realize the ice that was in my beard :)
that and my camel-bak hose froze solid after the first half hour..that sucked.
the only bad spot was the river trail on the other side of hospital rode this seems to have gotten some wash out damage.
all and all a real good ride..

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
mike you would have loved the 6mile ride today...we got the super grand tour. the pace was right up your alley lots of snopw and some ice you'd get fishtaily in the turns but awesome. wasa there 8'000 people at the park down there today? oh and ride with your hands loose on the grips until you warm up by then the blood will be flowing. enjoy the weather and get out and ride f*ckers

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
mike you would have loved the 6mile ride today...we got the super grand tour. the pace was right up your alley lots of snopw and some ice you'd get fishtaily in the turns but awesome. wasa there 8'000 people at the park down there today? oh and ride with your hands loose on the grips until you warm up by then the blood will be flowing. enjoy the weather and get out and ride f*ckers

Sorry I missed it I did not know if I was going to need to run up to the office or not.
When I hit Allaire around 14:00 there was only bout 10 or so cars I did run into an older dude that was jogging on TW's had the trek out today man is that work ended up with close to 2 hours...

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was at Allaire today with my Buddy Mark. Wicked fun! some spots just a tad slick but a nice dynamic changeup indeed.

I was not cold at all...well except for the first ten minutes. Forgot to bring my riding gloves. Fortunately I had my winter kayaking gloves in the car. (5mm Neoprene), They worked out pretty darn well! Feet never got cold either - Thick wool socks and sock liners.

May be there again tomorrow like 10 ish

djm

Got there at noon had a great ride. Ran into a few bikers and joggers aong my way. Temps were in the low 30 which was fine for me. Much better than yesterday. Temps in the teens pretty much kills me. Figured out that lacing my shoes up a bit looser keeps me warmer. I was cold for the first few minutes then I was fine. Tiger woods was a little slippery for me with all those roots and stumps throwing me around. THe river trail was great. Headed home after 90 minutes or so to watch the game!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions