Blue Marsh Lake, Pennsylvania

rocknrollgirl

We go a few times a season. We love it. It is not technical, but has some pretty big climbs and is fast and flowy and a blast to ride. It is 30 miles around the lake. Well worth the trip.

Mare

We go a few times a season. We love it. It is not technical, but has some pretty big climbs and is fast and flowy and a blast to ride. It is 30 miles around the lake. Well worth the trip.

I second that :)

I have only been there twice - The 1st time it rained the whole time, so we rode through tons of mud and it was cold! I wanted to cry. The 2nd time I went with no sleep the night before, so I hurt the whole time. I've yet to try it in ideal conditions, but I do know enough to know it's worth the trip.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
I've been there once. Its a lot of fun - some good climbs and downhills, nothing that technical, but a good, long, fun ride.

I'd suggest starting at the bridge and running the loop around the lake counter-clockwise. That puts you at the ranger station about 2/3 of the way through the ride - only place to refill your camelbak/water bottles.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I've been there a few times back when I was a single-speeder and thought it was a great ride. I remember doing a 38-mile loop or something like that. I'd like to get back out there!!

-Jim.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I was out there twice in the late 90's. At the time, the loop was around 25 miles. We did two laps both times.:drooling:

I met Chuck E. on the first of those rides, and the mighty Patrick Brown was in attendance for both. Good times those were.

I'd like to go again.

Mare

There is a 24/25 mile loop and a 30 mile loop (or maybe 32 miles??). Basically there is a point when you have to decide... cross the street and do the full 30, or continue on the loop and just complete 24 miles (JUST 24 miles :)).

doctor855

a friend of mine lives 5 minutes from there. ride it about twice a month. definatly worth what is a 1.5 hour ride for me. last weekend was a little hairy in the snow. not so much the bike riding but we decided to take an un-mantained section of road about a mile and a half back into the woods and start from there. they are some nasty hills when covered in compacted snow and ice. learned how to use the downhill descent feature on my truck real fast. think a little pee came out none the less.

hooples3

Looks like a nice lake to visit next time i'm in the area. I can bring my wife and kid to the lake, ride a lap, eat some lunch, go swimming and then head home. Sounds like a great day planned!!

Top Bottom