Chimney Rock - Tomorrow 1/3

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Minds if I join in.
I assume CR is still frozen, can anyone confirm?

Stocky

90% chance my buddy and I are heading over for a first time ride there. Probably not until 9 or so ,maybe later.
Could someone give me directions either from High Gear in Sterling or I would come 287 south to 78 east ?

Either way works...

Can I just plug Newmans Ln into my GPS, will it get me there ?

thank you

Mike679

Think I may join...CR frozen = fun.

Newmans Lane @ 7:30am? Silver Highlander, silver Stumpjumper is me.

Mike

MTB Aussie

Trail information update.

Between 8 and 10:30 this morning the trails were frozen pretty solid. The only soft spots were on the new trail facing the sun. I imagine they will get pretty mucky as the day wears on. There was some running water and lots of ice patches. The trails looked pretty torn up in places but it is now frozen so no additional damage is being done.

There is a big tree down across the short trail from the frisbee golf/ bridge area up to the grass behind the ball fields. It needs a chainsaw if anyone (Kirt?) has permission to use one over there.

scotth

Thanks to Woody for putting togther some fun loops. After that last seperation I just headed back to the car. Woody, Kush & the two other guys, sorry I forgot the names, thanks for a fun mourning.

Scott

kush

Thanks guys - Woody, Mike679, poor iggy, and Scott.

Scott, I went back to look for you for a bit, couldn't find you ... we tried to leave a note but the ink in Mike's pen froze :rolleyes:. We did the bit across the street to cap it off. Thanks for organizing the ride, it was good (thanks for your note).

14 miles
2000 feet elevation change
2 hrs ride time

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1687413

The only thing that wasn't good were the deep frozen ruts.

Last edited:

brybry57

The Trails were great this morning they started to thaw out around 1230 or so. And that was at the end of the ride, but watch out for the ice in the mornings too :p

woody

Thanks to Woody for putting togther some fun loops. After that last seperation I just headed back to the car. Woody, Kush & the two other guys, sorry I forgot the names, thanks for a fun mourning.

Scott

What a nice morning and a fun ride!

Trails were solid and fast. Traction galore.

Unfortunately, the place must be soup by now since its been above freezing and sunny for a few hours. Was disappointed to see lots of people just heading into the trails at 11:00 - they must have contributed a few more ruts.

Fortunately, its gonna freeze up good again tonight.
Note to anyone thinking to ride CR tomorrow: get out there early while its frozen - please wrap up your ride by noon before it softens up too much.

Chris/Mike - Good to re-meet and ride with you guys.

Ilya - Good times as usual...

Scott - thanks for posting the ride. If ya didn't want to ride with us anymore, you could have just said so...ya didn't have to go ditching us like that ;) (Sorry we lost track of you again - we could have sworn that you saw which way we went that time.)

All of us need a reminder every once in a while: The Golden Rule of Group Rides: "Make sure the guy behind you knows which way you went at every intersection." If everybody on the ride plays by that one rule, there's no way anybody gets dropped.

See y'all next time...

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good ride, its nice to go with a group to push a little harder and hit every trail.
Thanks Scott, Mike, Woody, Ilya aka Kush.
Chris

Mike679

To echo the sentiments of others it was indeed a good ride. Also good to cross paths w/ a few other MTBNJ folks (Fred, Ben, etc.). Look forward to riding w/ you guys again in the future.

Mike

Top Bottom