Car-spotting thread

Kaleidopete

This is NJ. The speed limit is the posted limit plus 7 at all times. Plus 10 during rush hours, which is 6am to 10am and 2pm to 7pm.
Fake news?

Can you go 5 miles over the speed limit in NJ?

For exceeding speed limit by 1-14 miles per hour – 2 NJ DMV points. For exceeding speed limit by 15-29 miles per hour – 4NJ DMV points. For exceeding speed limit by over 30 miles per hour or more – 5 NJ DMV points.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fake news?

Can you go 5 miles over the speed limit in NJ?

For exceeding speed limit by 1-14 miles per hour – 2 NJ DMV points. For exceeding speed limit by 15-29 miles per hour – 4NJ DMV points. For exceeding speed limit by over 30 miles per hour or more – 5 NJ DMV points.

Letter of the law versus spirit of the law. And 2 points for being a buzzkill.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not approved unless I see the products and process. Dawn dish soap and a bath towel is highly likely, MOPARbroski.

ha no dawn in this house, you should know better than that . . . .

meguiars gold class in a foam cannon, and wash mitt, dry with their waffle weave towel. all non-consumable products limited to use on this vehicle. the truck and the wifes car get different towels/wash mitts.

You wouldn't make it past his garage setup. Ding threats everywhere. Not to mention that it isn't sealed so any curious rodent could visit.

You might not be able to sleep now.

find me any garage that is truely 100% sealed........... yea thats what i thought.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
1679263988099.jpeg
My buddies and I in the late 70’s/early 80’s always thought these things were the coolest.

Whenever I see one now, I wonder if it’s still running the original motor. I think they sourced the inline 6 from AMC, but the V8’s were actual IH-issue. Does anyone still make parts for these motors now?

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
View attachment 209802
My buddies and I in the late 70’s/early 80’s always thought these things were the coolest.

Whenever I see one now, I wonder if it’s still running the original motor. I think they sourced the inline 6 from AMC, but the V8’s were actual IH-issue. Does anyone still make parts for these motors now?
The IH 304/345 V8s were pretty much indestructible, not huge power though. My dad probably has about 25 of them if you need parts. 😁

They probably still have NOS parts too.

I posted these a long time ago but these are two of my Dad's Scouts:

Scout.jpg
image000002.jpg
image000001.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
oh that will sell for a fortune. Although, man it must suck in someways to own a concourse restored car and not be able to drive it anywhere.

The engine really was amazing, it was better than the 426 hemi. The dry-deck set up for the heads/block meant that it had no coolant passing from the block to the heads....so the head gaskets only needed to seal the combustion....the head design was better than the hemi....Just the execution of putting this crazy racing engine into a street car...They never ran right with small cams, MASSIVE head ports and small carbs. I dont think in stock form is was as quick as a 69 428 CJ mustang for example.

Top Bottom