Chimney Rock Conditions

Davinchia1981

It’s still in the 40s now in Bridgewater and won’t drop into the 20s until the wee hours. I doubt all that mud will freeze solid if that is what you are hoping for. Give High Bridge a try if you want a mud free ride tomorrow.
Thanks. Where is high bridge? Is that by the pump track?

rjr44

It’s still in the 40s now in Bridgewater and won’t drop into the 20s until the wee hours. I doubt all that mud will freeze solid if that is what you are hoping for. Give High Bridge a try if you want a mud free ride tomorrow.
Seconded. Nassau was quite dry today.

CNJRider

Joker
Yup, the spots that were wet were wet and the spots that were muddy were full of mud.😁 Better than Friday but I still went home with a muddy bike.

Lots of this.

E3797968-5809-4AA5-9C8F-12F6B4A0CFF0.jpeg

And this.

43A116E5-033C-4F57-9CC7-D14784B40F65.jpeg

Some of this.

AF14C101-87EB-4BD4-A1D9-51FD64DB07BC.jpeg

Slowly drying out.

FEEF5C6E-FC49-4C7E-831B-1082AC520946.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yup, the spots that were wet were wet and the spots that were muddy were full of mud.😁 Better than Friday but I still went home with a muddy bike.

Lots of this.

View attachment 209783

And this.

View attachment 209786

Some of this.

View attachment 209784

Slowly drying out.

View attachment 209785

Why are you a) riding this mud at all and b) posting online about it? It would be great if you avoided these trails until they were dried out.

Thanks to many of you who went elsewhere.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Why are you a) riding this mud at all and b) posting online about it? It would be great if you avoided these trails until they were dried out.

I'm going to defend him on this one. I stated it was good enough last week and we've had no real rain since. I also got a report today, from a local, that it was mostly fine. We also want as many reports as possible, so people can make their own informed judgement. So I would have ridden there today, if I decided to ride outside.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm going to defend him on this one. I stated it was good enough last week and we've had no real rain since. I also got a report today, from a local, that it was mostly fine. We also want as many reports as possible, so people can make their own informed judgement. So I would have ridden there today, if I decided to ride outside.

Unacceptable. Society falls apart before our eyes.

I stand by the posting of muddy bike pic. It’s a bad look.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Yeah it was lower blue and some turns on that far end of blue going down to the creek or whatever. That's all. The rest was fine.
Screenshot_20230319_183000_Strava.jpg

CNJRider

Joker

Because it was rideable? I did say it was better than Friday and it’s not like the whole trail was muddy. Don’t want to ride through ANY mud? Fine. Then come back in June. LoL! What a joker.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Because it was rideable? I did say it was better than Friday and it’s not like the whole trail was muddy. Don’t want to ride through ANY mud? Fine. Then come back in June. LoL! What a joker.

Sucks that I’m not in a good mood today.

hls811

The new entry from the ball field lot to black will be awesome once it gets more packed down, its soft, but wasn't too muddy. That first left turn is going to take some learning - its super tight!

Yellow/Green were fine mud-wise; nothing work mentioning. Two trees are down on green. Pink had some soft spots but it always seems to and also had 2 trees down. Orange was 80% good - just a BIG pit near the lower re-route climbing up from Gilbride. Actually cut through the switchback (hike-a-bike) in the grass/brush just to avoid it - its not going to be pretty even when it dries up. I don't recall anything bad on lower red. Took white along the gravel path near the water back and then the new white climb back up which is great. Still a sharp left coming from that direction but without that rooty incline its doable. Black down to frisbee golf wasn't great in that one spot that will hold water until June; the rest was fine.

Speaking of orange, yesterday I was at the top where the (fantastic) new re-route was done and an older gentleman with 2 dogs and a stick up his butt stopped yelling at the clouds long enough to ask me if I knew who "was in charge of the decision to change the trails he always walks" since "he lives here" and doesn't like the changes. I told him that I didn't know who makes the decisions or gives the approvals for it, but that I believed it was to help with some of the water run-off.. "Harumpf, moving some rocks and branches isn't fixing anything". And with that I went on my merry way. :)

As always - thank you @Kirt and the H/T Crew!!

Attachments

• Green Trees Down.png
    Green Trees Down.png
    263.5 KB · Views: 52

FitmanNJ

Still some patches of soft mud at least on the trails that I was able to do on my short ride today:
Ballfield lot to Black, Orange, and a bit of White. Too bad more rain is forecast for tomorrow...😕

rjr44

Still some patches of soft mud at least on the trails that I was able to do on my short ride today:
Ballfield lot to Black, Orange, and a bit of White. Too bad more rain is forecast for tomorrow...😕
RED/WHITE/BLUE are just about as good as they're gonna get this time of year before (checks weather) possible rain tomorrow and Saturday FFS.

Blue twisties are probably the worst, varying between semi-soft mud and outright bog.

Also that one section of red, first flat on the climb up Newman's side from the parking lot. As always that's messy.

Even lower blue (the little piece I hit) was dried out. Rutted AF yeah, but dried.

Screenshot_20230322-125207.png

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mostly excellent. Much better than I expected. A few soft spots but yesterdays rain didn’t do much. Rode everything except blue.

We walked the dog on ballfields & orange today. A few sloppy parts but I was surprised how not muddy it was. Lots of stuff starting to bloom so the trees & bushes are going to dry things up a lot faster now.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions