What have you done to your bike today?

Cassinonorth

One of my pivot bolts worked loose and was sent into the woods on my ride Monday. Thankfully Loose Wheel in Cedar Grove is a Rocky Dealer because RM won't ship individual bolts (but I can buy a $90 bolt kit!) to their customers. So I figured I'd check out the other bolt on the other side. Wasn't loose but 0 evidence of thread locker on this side either.

PXL_20230215_155752470.jpg

Frustrating on a $3k+ frame. Love the bike, do not love the brand so far.

rosceaux

Finally did the Silca approved deep clean of my chain. After removing it and shaking it in a mason jar with 6:1 degreaser (with a few rounds with a toothbrush and all rounds blowing off with an air compressor), was still getting massive gunk. Used a clean batch of 6:1 on round 8, and this is what was filter through a shop towel. Ultimately took ten rounds. Finished with a full drivetrain deep clean

Attachments

• 96B60394-5661-41F1-A342-3F7A733AB8BC.jpeg
    96B60394-5661-41F1-A342-3F7A733AB8BC.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 67

Cassinonorth

Finally did the Silca approved deep clean of my chain. After removing it and shaking it in a mason jar with 6:1 degreaser (with a few rounds with a toothbrush and all rounds blowing off with an air compressor), was still getting massive gunk. Used a clean batch of 6:1 on round 8, and this is what was filter through a shop towel. Ultimately took ten rounds. Finished with a full drivetrain deep clean

Uhhh is that greasy towel on your workout bench? 🤮

iman29

Well just added this one to the family today. Even got wifey approval somehow.

Ever since I had to concede my like new aluminum road bike and sell it 2 years ago to get a gravel bike I’ve been hoping to find a beater bike for the trainer.

I really wanted that 2014 roubaix that was on here end of last year but it wasn’t the right timing with the holiday spending. And the whole point was not to have a carbon bike on the trainer anyway.

Came across this 2014 Raleigh Revenio 1.0 just 30 min from me. Got it for $150 after he was asking $300 I very politely explained that it’s a 9 year old bike but it’s still not worth that much despite what he paid when new. He came down to $275 at which point i made my best/final offer and an hour later we had a deal.

It needs a bath and I have to degrease all the WD40 he sprayed on the chain 🙄. but I actually think it’s rideable the way it is. Will be doing some minor updates for the trainer for now like one of my old saddles and I have old spd-SL pedals I can install too. Long term will look to convert it from 8 speed to 10 speed since I still have some nice Shimano 10 speed wheels I kept When I sold the other bike. I’m glad it’s all ready a compact 50/34 up front too. Once I clean it up and test the brakes etc will take it for a short outdoor spin to dial in the fit a little. Need to also raise the seat post for sure it’s a 58cm but he was a little shorter then me.

Will be looking for Shimano 10speed parts cheap if you got anything laying around you don’t need HMU. !

47B74CB0-8D6B-4F9C-8571-9DF1EF903441.jpeg

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good to know propain warranty process is quick and easy. Didn't like how wide the rear end was at hub interface , made starting thru axle somewhat difficult. It was close to 8 mm to wide . Once axle was tight everything lined up properly. An email , some pictures and a week later got my new swingarm.
20230221_211229.jpg

Top Bottom