NMEA Certs

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Congrats!

Lots of good stuff out there now.
I'm sure you'll be busy.

ekuhn

They can never take those docs away from you, no matter what job you bounce to. Congrats man.

KF2M

Thanks!

@Patrick - Lots of headaches for the installer (especially if they did not follow standards,, and shot themselves in the foot). I do tech support so I'm the guy answers the questions on the other end of the phone and tells you you're doing it wrong. ;)

@ekuhn - The NMEA cert's expire after 3 years unlike my old Comptia cert's. But next up is a GROL so I can independently sign off on transmitter (think handhelds up to and including big radio stations out in the Meadowlands) work on my own. Instead of bringing your radio to the shop (for like a MMSI reset on a Marine radio) so a licensed tech can do it I can do it out in the field as an example. Again my role is Tech Support but there have been times when I got pulled into the service center to do break/fix.

My office (the Seattle office is much larger, and has an Engineering section)
7CVi-sjI_17GdFDWOzwLBEoV_J7ixBtRrcfB8DcNPXY4V-anaudqQqEUYi1c6ERCig-ro9MJZ1Mx8BoaOfbO9VnUj8k2TOCZWa5ebchao6z1ZZj-WSVXQMRlXvPUChLC02ITkOxGxk0kPgVy-qaKh-S-aW7-OH1P7uIFKBXAuxxYhHq7SY_P1u39NURfuVbZIL6Qt7k_F6G3JjpVLJ6Rf80JrfX7aku8-mzWk8dyV6Hmr19ZVFhnpc5g6lqn-ufLFZozXeBK7LiPikH1qqPJriU0stQLr_FS7SzgQ9XRjRJkbFX54P5mTU5AogTPEQGs7Xe5GsbHSDYsa6FHTXVaDSBVZlkDH1vNl3eWdfmpsUWUN9pZXF1iTiGE59qokzJSBaR_4uUAlBKfoMrdwlaSwah7jCgfkobacLOtCmQxC0CuO9bJVGvWcd4wtwEJMW_N4Sl_3EBtZO57UkEQdrqwxqEy0KFecy1oJ9v51qZlEEFy3r3SymClUmTpH7Svpnvtu3MPosPZIiK5DULpepHXc9eMM8BesoA1xp-mRoqQe9vMItQzhHqotnQgSZSHv56VnE5eobknvatMwKrguSzoFh91lo035PaSjldUErA0yHghhEecvkXOg-SEHYsxjrCOSxSGE2uqT8RlnrFljNIWRnjz25bKJz2Lo6x-1bsUhBkyl6DSOjNBaWRbtJTMlKyM_RMaAYzCzinVaukMT0pcsLLwJHa4q-5qlBIDxw6m70e4gZ70SJv5Qvg7ltuKBOtSag9Q18TMV9U2kGosJM6CiAUmklaWnbQbQ33vtChvhI96kVTZfRJC3I9u4wjHf16FsHtvZRNhWGd-qjPvJ-cy1U1YEu1qZmQrKCVZD6QjO56NRcD5rbDX7ChQme8Er7oK2QPJkBNOegudgtxUjxYAycUBUFCws3iFCbVfpW1JWeR16g=w1176-h885-no

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
unlike my old Comptia cert's

I used to collect IT certs back in the day, and my collection was quite impressive. They're all long expired at this point, except my A+, Network+, and Security+, lol.

KF2M

I used to collect IT certs back in the day, and my collection was quite impressive. They're all long expired at this point, except my A+, Network+, and Security+, lol.
I did too (at my employer at the times expense cause they wanted me to have it). Still got the old Comptia cert's (A+, Network+, Server+). Along with tons of manufacturer's wallpaper (the usual suspects.. IBM, Compaq/HP, Dell, NetApps, Cisco, etc..). Nice thing is that these cert's make me more marketable (as well as giving me added value within the company).

Top Bottom