Ride tommorrow? Early afternoon?

ArmyOfNone

I wanna ride tomm. I have to do some things in the morning so early will not be good. early afternoon is great! anyone going to be around? i dont mind traveling to go and ride :)

if not i may go and ride the sourlands for some rocky fun

J-Dro

Hey Fred, I'm around thursday early afternoon too. I'd be up to hit the Sourlands, or if you feel like it, maybe check out someplace you haven't been yet... Round Valley or Ralph Stover in PA or even Allamuchy. Depends how much time you have. I would suggest Chimney Rock but its still too mucky from the rain the other day.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn, would love to join that Sourlands ride but afternoon sucks for me I think. POst up what you decide to do.

I thought Sourlands was tough after rain too?

ArmyOfNone

Im free

Jeff, i dont have much off anything to do. I have to do some things with my gf in the morning but if you wanna meet up say 11 or 12. I can give you a call or text tomorrow. It was gettin late when i thout to put up the post, so i was gonna get hold of you in the morning.

im up for allamuchy...thats a place i would love to hit up, all those others you mention except for chimney rock i have not been to. So any of the sort would be great!

Ill b up up all nite/morning/afternoon.

Norm, what would work for you???

dmc123

I should be able to make the early afternoon ride. I live up by Allamuchy and Round Valley. Let me know when and where.

J-Dro

OK, let's say Allamuchy with a 12:30 start time. Meet at the Tranquility Farm parking area. Plan for about a 3 hour ride, medium pace, then head home before rush hour.

Fred, give me a call if you want to carpool for the drive. I have a bunch of errands to run in the morning but should be done by around 11.

dmc123

I have to be honest with you guys, I am not the fastest rider and I am not in the best shape. Even 3 hours at a medium pace will be too much for me. I would like to ride, but dont want to hold you guys up. If you don't mind a slower pace and more stops, I will come. Let me know.

Dave

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
BOOOOOOO CRAP!

What's your schedule, in general? And where do you live? I usually ride early, which seems to work for you. I think today is the road and tomorrow is off, but maybe Sat or Sun I'll be out early. I'm still itching for Sourlands so that may be an option.

J-Dro

I have to be honest with you guys, I am not the fastest rider and I am not in the best shape. Even 3 hours at a medium pace will be too much for me. I would like to ride, but dont want to hold you guys up. If you don't mind a slower pace and more stops, I will come. Let me know.

Dave

Dave, It's up to you. The pace will be about the same as the MD ride this past Sunday but the terrain is a bit more of a challenge I think. There are a few bail out points if you want to head back early.

J-Dro

Thanks for coming out guys. Fun ride. One mangled brake lever and one broken chain. Not bad for a day at the Mooch.:D

ArmyOfNone

ouch!

I took one bad spill yestereday. Going down hill on the purple trail, was going off a small drop which unknowingly the trail went left and well...it was ugly. luckly for me i have fallen WAY to many times so i was able to gracefully slide and t-bone a tree. the spill turned my rear brake lever into a sad face. :( it didnt end up being to much of a problem, i just had to ride with it facing pretty much point up for the rest of the ride.

jeff took us on a great loop. and from what i understand there is still plenty we did not see. cant wait to go back! the place was awsome.

i dunno bout jeff or dave, but i have been freakin sore all day! still am! my entire body is aching. dunno why bc i have never been sore from riding like this. allamuchy beat my butt.

J-Dro

I took one bad spill yestereday. Going down hill on the purple trail, was going off a small drop which unknowingly the trail went left and well...it was ugly. luckly for me i have fallen WAY to many times so i was able to gracefully slide and t-bone a tree. the spill turned my rear brake lever into a sad face. :( it didnt end up being to much of a problem, i just had to ride with it facing pretty much point up for the rest of the ride.

jeff took us on a great loop. and from what i understand there is still plenty we did not see. cant wait to go back! the place was awsome.

i dunno bout jeff or dave, but i have been freakin sore all day! still am! my entire body is aching. dunno why bc i have never been sore from riding like this. allamuchy beat my butt.

Considering that this was your first time at allamuchy, and on a single speed to boot, you did awesome. You should feel a bit beat up considering the terrain we covered. The spill you took was actually on the tail end of Roly Poly, heading back towards the purple trail. But yeah, the park is huge. We did about 10 miles and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say there's about 40 miles of total trails at Allamuchy (not counting Dear Park).

ArmyOfNone

Considering that this was your first time at allamuchy, and on a single speed to boot, you did awesome. You should feel a bit beat up considering the terrain we covered. The spill you took was actually on the tail end of Roly Poly, heading back towards the purple trail. But yeah, the park is huge. We did about 10 miles and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say there's about 40 miles of total trails at Allamuchy (not counting Dear Park).

Thanks Jeff. I kinda made a guess when i ate it. to me all i saw where rocks, large rocks and larger rocks! Awsome! cant wait to go again!

dmc123

I am glad you guys pushed me to keep going. I would have been bummed to miss the later part of the ride. That place is over my head cardio wise, some day I will get in better shape. I appreciate your patience and look forward to riding with you guys again.

ArmyOfNone

any time!

Dave no biggie at all. That place is super tough so the breaks were very much welcome. Hope to see you out soon!

ArmyOfNone

What's your schedule, in general? And where do you live? I usually ride early, which seems to work for you. I think today is the road and tomorrow is off, but maybe Sat or Sun I'll be out early. I'm still itching for Sourlands so that may be an option.

Norm,
Sorry i missed this post of yours. I can ride at anytime really, as long as its not in the middle of the afternoon (unless im off from work). I get of of work at 7a, im normally on the road about 715 or so. I know you like to ride b4 the sun comes up, so if we can work something out thatd be great!

fred

Top Bottom