Beginner Bike?

Sto-ic7

Good morning everyone!

I am looking to get into MB life ( 52 yrs old, 250 lbs, 6'2 from Cranford)...with so many options tough to decide on bike. Hard Tail? Full Suspension?
Not looking to do jumps or anything extreme. Maybe meet some new people that enjoy nature and exercise.

I have been looking on FB market place:

Hardtails: Trek Roscoe 7 XL frame $1,000Cannondale XL 29'r XL frame $800

Full Suspension: Specialized Status $160 S 5 $2200

Any advice would be appreciated!

Rob

cfrone1

Shop: Pops Bike Shop
Shop Keep
We are going to be running a big "XL" sale this weekend at our Somerville location...a bunch of XL frame hardtail and dual suspension bikes 20-35% off. Why mess with used when you can get a brand new, fully warrantied bike from Giant, Cannondale and Salsa? We are open M-F 10AM-6PM, Weekends 10AM-5PM.

krink

Eddie Munster
We are going to be running a big "XL" sale this weekend at our Somerville location...a bunch of XL frame hardtail and dual suspension bikes 20-35% off. Why mess with used when you can get a brand new, fully warrantied bike from Giant, Cannondale and Salsa? We are open M-F 10AM-6PM, Weekends 10AM-5PM.
Take them up on this! Used market is ok for experienced bikers, hard to make good decisions as a new rider

Sto-ic7

Great...I will check it out- Thanks

cfrone1

Shop Keep
We have the Cannondale Junction MIPS helmets on sale...normally $90, on sale for $75...a few others as well....We are going to start Black Friday/Holiday sales early this year!

iman29

This is worth checking out before you go used.

Totally recommend mid fat 27.5+ hard tail to get started. Salsa Timberjack would be perfect if he has any in stock. I have a 2019 that’s running 2.8 tires and it’s very capable for a beginner / intermediate flowy trails with some rocks and logovers.

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
This is worth checking out before you go used.

Totally recommend mid fat 27.5+ hard tail to get started. Salsa Timberjack would be perfect if he has any in stock. I have a 2019 that’s running 2.8 tires and it’s very capable for a beginner / intermediate flowy trails with some rocks and logovers.
IMO.. anything larger than 2.8 is a bit of a bear to pedal
I'm running 2.8 up front and 2.6 at the rear.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Doing my research...Thanks! How about helmet?

You'll def get hooked up at their shop - big guys so they know big bikes.
they help with a few more decisions. shoes/pedals, gloves.
Some winter "things" you can get on your own (helmet liner or balaclava)

See ya on the trail!

iman29

IMO.. anything larger than 2.8 is a bit of a bear to pedal
I'm running 2.8 up front and 2.6 at the rear.
Fair point. Forgot I have the same setup the last time I changed tires LOL.

Can you tell I don’t ride my MTB enough.

cfrone1

Shop Keep
Great...I will check it out- Thanks
Our Big "XL" bike sale started today, if you were still looking for a big bike...Salsa Rangefinder already sold today... Still have the following XL bikes 20-35% off this weekend...

Hardtails - Liv Tempt 29 1 Large (wanted to have something ladies specific, so we throw this large into the mix)...Talon 29 2 Red Clay, Trek Roscoe 6 green large (Large + plus tires have been deemed appropriately included)...

Dual Suspension ... Cannondale Habit Waves 29 Silver....Giant Stance 27.5 Black....Giant Trance X1 27.5 Black....

Cannondale Junction helmets also on sale...Limit to store stock, while supply lasts, yadda yadda.... Start the Black Friday savings early....

Open 10-6 Friday, 10-5 Saturday and Sunday...

Where is your location/store name?

Our Big "XL" bike sale started today, if you were still looking for a big bike...Salsa Rangefinder already sold today... Still have the following XL bikes 20-35% off this weekend...

Hardtails - Liv Tempt 29 1 Large (wanted to have something ladies specific, so we throw this large into the mix)...Talon 29 2 Red Clay, Trek Roscoe 6 green large (Large + plus tires have been deemed appropriately included)...

Dual Suspension ... Cannondale Habit Waves 29 Silver....Giant Stance 27.5 Black....Giant Trance X1 27.5 Black....

Cannondale Junction helmets also on sale...Limit to store stock, while supply lasts, yadda yadda.... Start the Black Friday savings early....

Open 10-6 Friday, 10-5 Saturday and Sunday...
Trying to find your stor name/location/address?

Top Bottom