Time for a new bike (The Unicorn Hunt)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
My last 2 trail bikes have not worked out for me. Although impressed by the versatility of a 29er, it did not fit my riding style. After the sale of the Crack Whore Mary, I built up a SS rigid steel 26"er, it looks real nice but rides like shit. So now I want to get/build up a 26", 1X9, FS, AM, XC bike that can take a beating. It has to light as well.

I was impressed by the Trek Remedy, but it is outside of what I consider affordable. What other options do I have?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Just use your moto, you kill it on that:
gay-bike-trick.jpg

syadasti

Wet Rag
I'm going sell one of my three trail bikes soon. Interested in any of them?

I got a 17" 2007 RFX, 18" 2005 Specialized Enduro Pro, and 19" 2008 Santa Cruz Blur LT2

Shaggz

A strong 7
how tall are you? Jason had a Heckler on here at a very reasonable price, plus it was in great condition.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Oh yea!! That might be a good little brother to my Sunday, and a deal as well. BTW, I am 5'10.

Do the 19" my man. Check the geo but I wouldn't even think about the 17" -- the IHs run small -- My tiny ass fits nicely on a 17" IH.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what about a trek 69er? business up front, party in the rear AND 1x9 outta the box.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
69er are typically unhuckable. XCJ- How tall are you, I ride a 17" IH Sunday and love it.

Just five six. I checked the MK's geo and the 17" has a 23' TT so that actually that wouldn't be bad for you. But if you were thinking a shorter 70 or 80mm stem, then go 19".

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Just five six. I checked the MK's geo and the 17" has a 23' TT so that actually that wouldn't be bad for you. But if you were thinking a shorter 70 or 80mm stem, then go 19".

I usually ride a smaller frame for the trickier stuff, and thanks for pointing that out. I am going to gamble on the chance of an after xmas blowout on the 08's, I really like the MK III Comp, its a perfect match to my DH rig.

Edit: I remember the first run on my Sunday: I sprinted from the gondola to the top of dominion and my friend Jim said "WTF is that a XC bike"......it just pedels that well.

Attachments

• IHS.jpg
    IHS.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I met Sam and Brendan at Campmor and they signed my IH. Sam's like five seven and you can't understand a word he's saying. He told me the only difference between his Sunday and the stock medium model was a much slacker head angle. Something like 64 degrees. Mad.

Top Bottom