Getting to Know You...Question #12...

BiknBen

What is the significance of your MTBNJ avatar?

Mine?
At one point there was some discussion about including Argyle in the MTBNJ team clothing design. I was not on the team at that point but the discussion still flares up amongst the team members every now and again. :rolleyes:

I went searching for an argyle pattern and then switched the colors using my mad Microsoft Paint skills.

I have no attachment to argyle really. I was fond of the old Garmin Chipotle r@ad team clothing. I like to stir up trouble when the team members start discussing the team clothing. :D

I do have to admit that I get kinda attached to other people's avatars. I get all confused when people change them. Especially when they are pictures of other people. For example: Fred's is a picture of Norm, JDog's is a picture of me. Shaggz's is a picture of Walter, etc.

Wobbegong

Its Christmas time.... You all should know my avatar. If not, google my signature.

My original avatar was an old photo of my dog when she was a pup. After she passed in August, I decided to change it because it really made me sad. I'm not trying to forget her, it was just hard seeing her puppy picture as much as I'm on this board.

Last edited:

BiknBen

Its Christmas time.... You all should know my avatar. If not, google my signature.

My wife and I sat down with the kids last Friday and watched the whole movie. Someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift last year. :D

Always good.

My 9yo daughter was appalled by the father's cursing. Although you can't make out any bad words, she kept asking, "What is this movie rated?" Very funny.

walter

Fourth Party
I have had a few different avatars over the past few years here, most were not my doing.

NJ logo which is a NY Yankee rip off-a very popular skate shop down by me created this as its logo, now its everywhere including toll booths, stop signs, tattoos, etc.

a pair of wire rimmed bifocals-assigned to me when the great folks here learned I needed glasses

a picture of a protester holding a sign that read, "I don't stand for anything, I'm just here for the violence". Kinda how I feel sometimes, thought it was pretty cool.

Wal e-I signed this in a PM to Shaggz, next thing I know I have the Wal e robot as my avatar.

My current avatar is a character from the cartoon "Chowder". My daughter just happened to take a picture of the tv, I thought it was a cool shot.

There may have been 1 or 2 more, but I can't remember.

Mare

I like silly/stupid things and I liked the pink girl because when I showed up on a few group rides, I got "Oh? I didn't know you were a girl." I guess Mare45 is rather nondescript. :)

I like to change my avatar often because I get bored and there are so many good pics to use, but this one has stuck for a while.

P.S. it is a typical thing I would say.

kush

I like silly/stupid things and I liked the pink girl because when I showed up on a few group rides, I got "Oh? I didn't know you were a girl." I guess Mare45 is rather nondescript. :)

I like to change my avatar often because I get bored and there are so many good pics to use, but this one has stuck for a while.

P.S. it is a typical thing I would say.

Mare, yours is my favorite.

My avatar for now is pic of my younger son. The older one will be up soon. Don't want any preferential treatment issues.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This picture just makes me laugh. I don't know what the guy who loaded this car was thinking, the story behind is below.:D

Ihttp://www.cybersalt.org/cleanweird/loaded.htm

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I do have to admit that I get kinda attached to other people's avatars. I get all confused when people change them. Especially when they are pictures of other people. For example: Fred's is a picture of Norm, JDog's is a picture of me. Shaggz's is a picture of Walter, etc.

Avatars serve a very useful purpose. It allows the board to be a little more instant when reading a thread. Yours is a great example. It's bright and distinct and you immediately know who posted. Usernames are just text and sometimes it's easy to confuse similar names. Changing avatars tends to confuse the issue a bit. I don't much like changing avatars either.

We went through a time when we would go a little crazy changing people's avatars. With the exception of Steve and Walter, I think those days are gone, thankfully.

Wobbegong

My wife and I sat down with the kids last Friday and watched the whole movie. Someone gave it to me as a Christmas gift last year. :D

Always good.

My 9yo daughter was appalled by the father's cursing. Although you can't make out any bad words, she kept asking, "What is this movie rated?" Very funny.

Now you with the Wobblegong....... :)

Freds Hamburglar
Franks Tricycle Head

Last edited:

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I've gone from me going down a roller at Sprain Ridge to the album cover of Genesis' "The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway" to King Crimson's "Lark's Tougues in Aspic" to the current Q'ryche "Operation Mindcrime". Thinking Overkill "The Years of Decay" might be next. Some of my fav albums. I'll be posting something from this decade, who knows, maybe 2015. :eek:

VanDbtRiver

Yukon Cornelious for holiday cheer. My first avatar was Wily coyote which was "assigned" to me by the mods. I miss that one, I will revive it one day.

antgold

this is a picture of me training in "cleaning" drop - gaining back my confidence after a bad crash ,My wife was with me and asked here to take some action shots -
this is what came out ...

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I just really like this picture Nathan took. Kinda captures what I'm all about. I added the 29er stuff to spread the kool-aid whenever I post, like now:D

-Jim.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mine is a kind of tea that I drink when I'm in Taiwan. They have them in 7-11 and the 7-11s are ubiquitous there, so I more or less always have one on hand. I have no idea why I chose it but it's been there since spring and am content to leave it. When I got back to the states I was happy to find out you can get it here, albeit a bit more expensive so I don't drink it so much.

Top Bottom