KenS family tree: Cousin Miles killing it!!

THATmanMANNY

OMFG Mile's friend's are d-bags fo sho.

If anyone I ride with is just concerned if they got me falling off a 100' cliff on film and then add "make sure it's connected first" after the fact I have fallen off and broken every part of my body well.... that's just sad. And I'll probably invite you back to ride that cliff and push you off :cool:

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I think they said, "Stay down, make sure everything is connected.", which is good. The dirtbag line was something to the effect of "is the camera rolling?"

There was another video of a 110mph crash I accessed after this one that made me sick. After the crash, they were rolling the guy over, stripping him and standing him up. Do you all know how BAD that is?

Early this year, I crashed off the end of a bridge in Ringwood and became aware of my surroundings as three shadowy figures were pulling my arms, trying to help me up. Barely coherent I yelled, "No, if I can't get up, you shouldn't be picking me up!"(at least I meant to say that, but my words were like syrup and hard to get out.)

Moving someone is a BAD idea. The guys all meant well, but if I damaged the right thing, their lifting me could have paralyzed or killed me.

Guys, we're out there a lot. Let's educate ourselves on basic first aid.

sixseven

The guy actually walked out of that. I came across his site at some point and the whole story is there. He was messed up and bloodied but came out ok.
Classic vid.

THATmanMANNY

I think they said, "Stay down, make sure everything is connected.", which is good...

ur right I thought they were talking bout the trail like "you shouldn't ride it till you know it's connected" oops

Sorry, it's hard to post, youtube, and WORK all at the same time :p

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
The guy actually walked out of that. I came across his site at some point and the whole story is there. He was messed up and bloodied but came out ok.
Classic vid.

The 'and he walked away' videos are the only ones they should show.
The vid I saw after, definitely wasn't. Bloody faced and bobble-headed, the guy was stripped to his tighty-whiteys and losing consciousness as they were hoisting him to his feet.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The 'and he walked away' videos are the only ones they should show.
The vid I saw after, definitely wasn't. Bloody faced and bobble-headed, the guy was stripped to his tighty-whiteys and losing consciousness as they were hoisting him to his feet.

You're referring to the Japanese video, the guy going down the mountain, right?

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the guy who chose to ride down the side of a 45 degree mountain at 110 mph.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
You're referring to the Japanese video, the guy going down the mountain, right?

I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for the guy who chose to ride down the side of a 45 degree mountain at 110 mph.

Yep. His bike disintegrated.
It was a crazy, stupid stunt but lots of fools do crazy crap, even my kids.
Sympathy, no, but regardless of how they get hurt, I want their pieces picked up without doing more damage.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fair enough. He was moving when they dragged him to his feet. I'm sure they weren't prepared for that to happen.

ArmyOfNone

Sorry to interrupt, but I missed something somewhere along the way. How come Big Ken is attached to EVERYTHING?

Sircrashalot

The one with the guy on the mountain is in a TV commercial now. At some point I saw a story on that guy...he was fine other than lotsa road rash with pumice in it, and maybe a fractured something or other. Anyone who has used a scotchbrite pad to remove gravel from themselves knows how fun that is....been there, done that...

Top Bottom