Victory Brewing

ArmyOfNone

I had the wonderful opportunity yesterday afternoon to travel out to Downingtown, PA, home of Victory Brewing. From the looks outside we could not wait to get in. (I forgot my camera for photo documenting.)

First the food was delicious and reasonably priced. The wings were quite possibly the best I have ever had. I had a burger with gorgonzola cheese and bacon. YUM!

So now the important stuff. Beer

Abby 6 - I am become a growing fan of this style
Donnybrook stout - taste like a guiness, not impressed
Yakima twilight -
Sunrise Weisbier - Tasty tasty weitbeir
Uncle Teddys Bitter - Weak
Hop Wallop - Double Ipa deliciousness!
Old Horizontal - First go at barleywine and I like! 11.5%

The four of us each walked out with a case and a bit extra. Here is what I got

Beer002.jpg

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Did they have Nugget Nectar there? You can only buy it in stores in march. I really would like to have that on tap.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nugget Nectar is Troeggs. It's a late winter/early spring seasonal. I already asked, and Oak Tree Buy Rite will stock it ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
there is nothing they wont have! you make your trip out there yet norm?

I did, Monday after our ride. Got some Stone stuff (Double Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, some stout) and more of the Founders that I like so much.

Stuff isn't cheap though.

ArmyOfNone

I did, Monday after our ride. Got some Stone stuff (Double Bastard, Oaked Arrogant Bastard, some stout) and more of the Founders that I like so much.

Stuff isn't cheap though.

I know! This stuff adds up fast. I need to introduce into some of the cheaper brews that will still do the job. Lagunitas and Bear Republic are the brewers that come to mind. Nowadays if I can get a good buzz going for 5 bucks its been a good night. :D

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I'm very annoyed with myself for messing up Troegs with Victory. Stupid PA and their awesome breweries.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm very annoyed with myself for messing up Troegs with Victory. Stupid PA and their awesome breweries.

It is this kind of inattentiveness which explains why Jkmacman doesn't irritate you ;)

Glancing Aft

Next time you go, lemme know, I have a place to crash less than 5 min away... Good times there, great beer! Too much on tap to sample! Nah, never too much..

ArmyOfNone

That's OK I slept in cars in close quarters with my fellow racers before. It's a bonding experience - we can keep each other warm. :rofl:

Please take no offense Sean when I say Id rather pee myself to stay warm. :D:rofl:

<3 ya!

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Picked up some Victory Storm King for tonight, its in the process of knocking me on my ass.

dhsean

I was kind of let down last night by Victory Storm King. How the hell do you make a stout hoppy? I should of known that if Victory brewed it - it would be hoppy. Didn't quite go with the mexican food.

Top Bottom