The Kalmyk's Tinfoil Hat Happy Hour (aka Most Useless Thread on MTBNJ)

one piece crank

Cook College Farmer c. 1965

Most don’t know this but there is a passage under rt 1 that was used to move cows and horses between farms. I believe the other farm is now being used for turf management classes.
Reminds me of Harrisonburg VA and a drainage tunnel that went under I81. I sublet a townhouse one Summer and used this to cut all public roadways form my bike shop commute. I could just ride my Trials bike through it (sitting on the top tube), but every other bike I had to walk.

Rusty

Overstock.com misogyny lol

1658776961745.png

The Kalmyk

Spoke to a close friend of mine and a discussion of tracking came up. I mean, i thought me tracking my cycling, finances and weights was a lot. I found out he, at some point, was tracking the most marginal habits to change certain behaviors. Most interesting to me was he described his first 5m of waking. I never gave it thought to this degree. So of course i go on a tangent to see if he is the only tracking stuff in their lives in the manor. I run into Quantified Self😳😳.... i had no clue this was a thing. Does/has anyone track(d) like this before? Outside of their cycling stuff.

Last edited:

rick81721

Lothar
Spoke to a close friend of mine and a discussion of tracking came up. I mean, i thought me tracking my cycling, finances and weights was a lot. I found out he, at some point, was tracking the most marginal habits to change certain behaviors. Most interesting to me was he described his first 5m of waking. I never gave it thought to this degree. So of course i go on a tangent to see if he is the only tracking stuff in their lives in the manor. I run into Quantified Self😳😳.... i had no clue this was a thing. Does/has anyone track(d) like this before? Outside of their cycling stuff.

Don't get stuck in the first trough

stopping-analysis-paralysis-and-decision-avoidance-in-business-analysis-and-solution-design-11...jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Lol. Im interested in others doesnt mean i adopt habits.

i'm more of a motivational psych guy.
doing/replacing something is dependent on the perceived gain, (i want that.)
continuing is dependent on the magnitude incremental reward. (is it worth it?)

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Most don’t know this but there is a passage under rt 1 that was used to move cows and horses between farms
This sounds like bunk, what is your source?

There are two farms at Cook on Ryders Lane, Horticulture Farm 1 (landscape Plants) and Horticulture farm 2 (Turf) .

w_b

This sounds like bunk, what is your source?

There are two farms at Cook on Ryders Lane, Horticulture Farm 1 (landscape Plants) and Horticulture farm 2 (Turf) .

the Raritan River Railroad used to go under Rt1 right there back in the rick81721 days on its way to Eew Brunswick, so definitely plausible.

Top Bottom