2022 pro gravity schedule

serviceguy

Saltsburg world famous Mozart's Hart's Balls!

Mozartovy-koule-Victor-Schmidt-50ks.jpg

serviceguy

Saw that. Damn... Looked like a hell of a wreck during the live feed.
Kind of makes you think they should have a protocol in case of serious crash, like not allowing the racers to resume the run or even move from where they fell.

Ian F

Kind of makes you think they should have a protocol in case of serious crash, like not allowing the racers to resume the run or even move from where they fell.
The problem with that is two fold.

First, making that determination on what is a "serious crash" is subjective and hard to do in a few seconds during a race run. It seems like Marine knew she was hurt and didn't continue after a short time back on the bike. Some crashes look innocuous, but are really bad and others looks horrific and the rider gets up and continues on with nothing more than a few bruises. It's too random.

Second, course marshals are volunteers with wildly varying ranges of knowledge and skills. While in theory, the event organizer would take an inventory of marshal abilities and place those with some medical training in spots where wrecks with injuries are likely to occur, but I can imagine that would be quite difficult to implement.

serviceguy

The problem with that is two fold.

First, making that determination on what is a "serious crash" is subjective and hard to do in a few seconds during a race run. It seems like Marine knew she was hurt and didn't continue after a short time back on the bike. Some crashes look innocuous, but are really bad and others looks horrific and the rider gets up and continues on with nothing more than a few bruises. It's too random.

Second, course marshals are volunteers with wildly varying ranges of knowledge and skills. While in theory, the event organizer would take an inventory of marshal abilities and place those with some medical training in spots where wrecks with injuries are likely to occur, but I can imagine that would be quite difficult to implement.
Well, what I really meant was that if you hit the ground you are forced to the sidelines. At this level of competition if you crash you're out of the first 10 anyway (look at Greenland, up 3 secs at the 1st timing, ends up 8+ secs behind for an 18th place), may as well be safe. I'm sure there's a lot more to consider from a rider perspective though, I'm at a deficit there because I never raced.

Speaking of Greenland..."I looped on a manual over those uphill rollers"...that is the type of move that would get me benched for the rest of the game when I was playing basketball, I guess you can't help yourself when you're such a stylish rider!

Ian F

Yes, but even with a crash riders are fighting for every position and point they can get. World Cup racers have a focus and drive to race most of us don't have. Part of that is an ability to turn off (or at least dial down) that part of the brain that thinks about pain and/or consequences.

Both Greenland and Minnaar had rather strange crashes.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Good seeing sik mik do so well in the crankworx Innsbruck DH race. I thought he may hold onto the win but still finished a respectable 2nd or 3rd. Dak did not look as good as I thought he would and finn was I'm sure in win or bust mode. Short course and not many spectators but still good to watch.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Lenzer qualies done and dak qualifies 2nd!

1st. Amaury Pierron: 2:52.396
2nd. Dakotah Norton: 2:52.673
3rd. Loris Vergier: 2:52.767
4th. Benoit Coulanges: 2:53.120
5th. Luca Shaw: 2:53.753

Gwin 17th. Lessgo dak!

serviceguy

Enough with the mustache. What is wrong with these kids?!?! Stop the madness already! Weirdly enough, none of them seems to have enough facial hair to support a half decent one either.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Great world cup race! No spoilers yet but I will also note the XC men's race was bananas. Watch the final lap for some balls out racing and controversy.

ebarker9

Great world cup race! No spoilers yet but I will also note the XC men's race was bananas. Watch the final lap for some balls out racing and controversy.

I saw something about the short track being nuts. Same for the full distance race? Haven't had a chance to watch either yet.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I saw something about the short track being nuts. Same for the full distance race? Haven't had a chance to watch either yet.
Short track was a good watch as always. 19 minutes so its realistic to watch compared to a full hour 20 min xc race. And there was a surprise winner.

But the last lap of the mens xc race was epic. Most crazy lap I've seen in years. Wonens race was actually really good too but the men's race was stellar.

Top Bottom