This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

JerseyPete

View attachment 185097

Am I the last one to get this?

With four vaccines, I will be asking for a refund.

Five people who attended Sunday's wedding subsequently tested positive. My symptoms (congestion and sore throat) got worse last night and went thru a half box of tissues with very little sleep. If I kick, my wife (she's fine and will test soon) has instructions to have Vreeland sell my whips. (GLWB.)

Headed to urgent care shortly. mtf
You are leaving something in your will for @rick81721 right??
Seriously, best wishes for recovery.

Bikeworks

View attachment 185097

With four vaccines, I will be asking for a refund.

Five people who attended Sunday's wedding subsequently tested positive. My symptoms (congestion and sore throat) got worse last night and went thru a half box of tissues with very little sleep. If I kick, my wife (she's fine and will test soon) has instructions to have Vreeland sell my whips. (GLWB.)

Headed to urgent care shortly. mtf
I'm sure you will be find bud! Feel better soon!!!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Bummer! Hope it isn't too bad for you. To my knowledge, I still haven't gotten it, but who knows. My wife and I spent Christmas in a house where everyone else tested positive except for us. I was also just on a work trip in Canada where a non-insignificant number of people tested positive, but I tested negative two days ago in order to fly home. Annoyingly, nobody asked for proof of my negative test, so what was the fucking point?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Bummer! Hope it isn't too bad for you. To my knowledge, I still haven't gotten it, but who knows. My wife and I spent Christmas in a house where everyone else tested positive except for us. I was also just on a work trip in Canada where a non-insignificant number of people tested positive, but I tested negative two days ago in order to fly home. Annoyingly, nobody asked for proof of my negative test, so what was the fucking point?
Same here. Still no covid that I know of.
I am boosted and I've been tested on avg twice a month in the last year. Ever since my kid got the 2nd shot... DNGAF. I was pretty good with the mask for those who were sensitive about it. If they wore one... so did I in close indoor settings.

@thegock hope for a speedy recovery.

serviceguy

Probably going to jinx myself but we did not get it, even tested for it and exposure to it.

I can't remember my blood type but one of the many theories out there is that some blood types are naturally immune to it, tiger blood maybe ?!?!?.
By now I'm jaded to pretty much everything so probably BS.

More likely the result of being naturally asocial.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My little brother has Down Syndrome and got it a few weeks ago, quarantined with my parents (he lives in a group home). He got over it quicker than most people get over colds, my parent's somehow didn't get it.

Meanwhile the person he shares an apartment with got it a week ago and my brother isn't allowed back out of concern of my brother getting it. 🤷‍♂️

rick81721

Lothar
Finally got us:

20220622_111351.jpg

I tested positive Wednesday, wifey was negative so I sequestered in the other side of the house. But wifey woke up with it yesterday and also tested positive. Started with a cough, then 24 hrs of low grade fever, fatigue, congestion. Now just congested. Basically a mild cold. So three doses of vaccines based on the original variant plus infection with omicron BA.2 pretty much covers the spectrum!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Finally got us:

View attachment 187330

I tested positive Wednesday, wifey was negative so I sequestered in the other side of the house. But wifey woke up with it yesterday and also tested positive. Started with a cough, then 24 hrs of low grade fever, fatigue, congestion. Now just congested. Basically a mild cold. So three doses of vaccines based on the original variant plus infection with omicron BA.2 pretty much covers the spectrum!

Are.you going to get the anti viral drugs?

Hopefully it stays low level.

JerseyPete

At this point does the state bother with contact tracing, or is it assumed that we all have been exposed one way or another in the past few years now?

rick81721

Lothar
At this point does the state bother with contact tracing, or is it assumed that we all have been exposed one way or another in the past few years now?

I don't think anyone is doing that now. Not sure where we got exposed - maybe trivia Monday night. Or fishing boat on Tuesday? Also I would guess most people are self testing at this point - we get 8 test kits/month thru our insurance for no cost.

serviceguy

Finally got us:

View attachment 187330

Congrats, when are you due?

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Finally got us:

View attachment 187330

FAKE NEWS!!

feel better soon>>>>>

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are.you going to get the anti viral drugs?

Hopefully it stays low level.
So the 3 people I know who took Paxlovid all had the rebound.

Saw some early research from a doctor who rebounded, and had access to a sequencing lab. His rebound and a few other cases he looked at suggested the Pax simply froze it for a time while the meds were in their systems.
When the course was done, the reservoir of the virus just got back to work.

Implications are probably timing of meds (early), and possibly extending the course beyond 5 days.

Heal up quick @rick8675309!

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't think anyone is doing that now. Not sure where we got spread it - maybe trivia Monday night. Or fishing boat on Tuesday? Also I would guess most people are self testing at this point - we get 8 test kits/month thru our insurance for no cost.
Aren't the kits expensive? While they are "free" through insurance, it gets paid for somewhere.

It's kind of crazy to me how some of us are getting it now, or haven't yet. I apparently still can't get it yet I take 0 precautions and am around people all the time.

Top Bottom