Allaire TM June 26

Frank

Sasquatch
Yes it’s me posting about trail maintenance, I’m just getting my feet wet again 😉 and helping Mike with stuff I can do. Anyway we have identified a few areas that need the most attention including a few widow makers that have us a little nervous. But we would like to hear your spots that need attention as I have been limited in my travels in the park and Mikes time has been tied up watching over me on my rides.

As usual we will meet in the Hospital Rd. Lot at 8 am on Sunday 6-26 and we will supply tools, and post tm bagels. Please bring bug spray and water so we don’t have to bury anyone in a berm. 🤪

Please reply if you plan on attending so we can sort you into your houses (split up the trouble makers) and plan crews.

thanks Frank

bydabeach

Will try to make it for the first time.

Spots that need attention:

1. The trail that runs adjacent to Hospital Road, just before the bridge on Hospital Road, there is a small but growing ditch due to water erosion.

2. Not sure if TM ventures across Hospital Road, but immediately across the Southern entrance of the main parking area, that area is pretty rough, and there is a large mudhole/puddle about 20-30 feet in from Hospital Road that could use some attention.

These areas are circled in blue:

OEwQdMk.jpg

Last edited:

Frank

Sasquatch
Will try to make it for the first time.

Spots that need attention:

1. The trail that runs adjacent to Hospital Road, just before the bridge on Hospital Road, there is a small but growing ditch due to water erosion.

2. Not sure if TM ventures across Hospital Road, but immediately across the Southern entrance of the main parking area, that area is pretty rough, and there is a large mudhole/puddle about 20-30 feet in from Hospital Road that could use some attention.

These areas are circled in blue:

OEwQdMk.jpg
Thanks for the reply. #2 That area is technically Monmouth Cty property so we won’t be able to tackle that on Sunday due to insurance bs but we can put together a group on an off day to tackle that area.

As for #1 that area has always been a problem, we will see if we can get a crew there.

Thanks

Mike A

Yes it’s me posting about trail maintenance, I’m just getting my feet wet again 😉 and helping Mike with stuff I can do. Anyway we have identified a few areas that need the most attention including a few widow makers that have us a little nervous. But we would like to hear your spots that need attention as I have been limited in my travels in the park and Mikes time has been tied up watching over me on my rides.

As usual we will meet in the Hospital Rd. Lot at 8 am on Sunday 6-26 and we will supply tools, and post tm bagels. Please bring bug spray and water so we don’t have to bury anyone in a berm. 🤪

Please reply if you plan on attending so we can sort you into your houses (split up the trouble makers) and plan crews.

thanks Frank
In

Frank

Sasquatch
If I can make it, I can bring a trimmer. Can the trailer or the vehicle accommodate a battery charger for battery powered trimmer?
Not sure if anyone has an inverter, I will look to see if I have one. I have 2 gas trimmers I will bring.

serviceguy

thanks Frank

Are northerners allowed to do TM in the Deep South? I’m sand curious…need to sign any disclaimer? Should I bring some rocks?

serviceguy

If DH is going then I am IN!! Bringing Chainsaw, trimmer and my good looks. Bring your glasses.
Screw DH, if @Mitch is going to be there I'm there, doesn't matter how many time zones or parallels I have to cross! Wife granted authorization (only because @Frank is going to be there) so it's a done deal. I'm chainsaw trained too, so I should be able to effectively help and shed a few limbs (hopefully not my own) in the process.

If needed I can bring an edge trimmer, string trimmer and chainsaw. Let me know

Waiver signed, should I e-mail it somewhere or just bring it with me?

Bike?

Frank

Sasquatch
Screw DH, if @Mitch is going to be there I'm there, doesn't matter how many time zones or parallels I have to cross! Wife granted authorization (only because @Frank is going to be there) so it's a done deal. I'm chainsaw trained too, so I should be able to effectively help and shed a few limbs (hopefully not my own) in the process.

If needed I can bring an edge trimmer, string trimmer and chainsaw. Let me know

Waiver signed, should I e-mail it somewhere or just bring it with me?

Bike?
Trimmers, saw and bike…..good to bring. Waiver you can bring along and give to Mike when you sign in.

….and damn autocorrect, I meant Mitch and not the Hoff.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Solid Crew of Volunteers today and it was great to have Frank back out there. Mike set us off on our missions and a lot of weeds were whacked and dirt moved around for another successful TM day. Even got help from some solid MTBNJ forum folks. Thanks guys!
20220626_082403.jpg
20220626_082257.jpg
20220626_085717.jpg
20220626_094737.jpg
20220626_091802.jpg
20220626_102504.jpg
20220626_102537.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions