What have you done to your bike today?

w_b

R&R my 1st tubeless. New 29 x 2.4 Rekon. Mounted up smoothly. Holding air with no sealant.

I’ve heard to use some where’s from 2-4 oz of sealant to setup this tyre new. I’m leaning to 3 because Idontknow. What say youz? Will it work?

D5CBFBF1-E674-4E6B-A557-28E9A89145B1.jpeg

Last edited:

JDurk

R&R my 1st tubeless. New 29 x 2.4 Rekon. Mounted up smoothly. Holding air with no sealant.

I’ve heard to use some where’s from 2-4 oz of sealant to setup this tyre new. I’m leaning to 3 because Idontknow. What say youz? Will it work?

View attachment 185127
Wow, 1st time tubeless? 2-4oz works perfect. It will need to be refreshed after some time. Check it by shaking the tire in 30-60 days.

Reactions: w_b

w_b

Wow, 1st time tubeless? 2-4oz works perfect. It will need to be refreshed after some time. Check it by shaking the tire in 30-60 days.
Splitting btw 2 wheel sets, tires last awhile. Got over 2000 miles on the first Rekon, no issues.

I’mma gonna roll the dice with 3oz and ripper up,

Bikeworks

Unless you have the specific tool (or worked out something similar, i.e use a very sharp wheel bearing separator) and/or don't care about markings on the fork CSU I would just have the LBS remove it for you. They will probably do it for free or very cheap and in about 30 secs.
My evolution as a home mechanic has been to watch the videos/RTFMs, buy the tool(s), and then try. That said, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that doing the MTB suspension stuff has been a huge learning curve. I bought this thing on Amazon, supposed to be decent. Yay or nay?

Amazon product

serviceguy

My evolution as a home mechanic has been to watch the videos/RTFMs, buy the tool(s), and then try. That said, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that doing the MTB suspension stuff has been a huge learning curve. I bought this thing on Amazon, supposed to be decent. Yay or nay?

Amazon product

That’s what I had in mind but I already had the tool from my automotive home mechanic previous life. The only used forks that I had coming with a crown race were my Salsa Firestarters so when I had to replace the crown race I decided to go the safe route and to be honest it was worth the price ($0) and I had 0 nicks on the pretty carbon. But yeah, if you don’t want to spend the $$$ for the proper tool that should work as long as it can grab the edge of the crown race solidly.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Straightened out the derailleur hanger and put DHF in the front on the Rise. Installed the Ti stem and swapped out the old dropper lever with Wolf Tooth lever on the hard tail.

Last edited:

Bikeworks

New, beefier SID is installed, along with the CK headset. Hope to get it out tomorrow so I can start dialing in the fit. The extra 20mm of travel along with the spacer setup being carried over from the previous fork, I'm thinking I may have some adjustments to do.

IMG_2529.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

Top Bottom