BIG BLACKOUT in monmouth county

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
just so you all know this was TJ dualfisted's fault. he told me he was trying to do wheelies in the powerplant and took out some huge board that says "if this breaks monmouth county is f*cked" on it. good job TJ. jerk.

walter

Fourth Party
Do I see a "Who dared me to do a trackstand on Central Jersey's Powergrid" thread in the near future?

dualfisted

who dared me to do a trackstand on the transformer!!!!

Jus kidding...... Contrary to popular belief, this incident had NOTHING to do with me doing trials stunts at the nuke plant, nor did it have anything to do with anyones careless decision to allow me to carry multiple firearms daily, I haven't shot anything I wasn't supposed to in quite some time, haha.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
interesting evening...

About half an hour before the lights went out, I tried riding rollers on my fixed gear. Mere minutes into it, the (13 year old) roller belt broke. OK.

So then I put the road bike on the trainer, after fixing the flat it's had for weeks, about to climb aboard...and everything goes black.

Let me tell you, it was interesting making my way across my cluttered basement and up the stairs. It was a little alarming, also, when I had no cell connections. I began wondering if NYC was bombed, or some other serious shit had gone down. It was nice to find out it was just a substation going kerblooey.

Mrs. ChrisG arrived home, told me of roadway chaos and the big flash she saw from the Parkway (we live just north of Neptune, where the substation was), we had cereal for dinner, and the lights came back on around 7:30PM.

I wonder what sort of chaos erupted in the malls and other shopping centers? How about downtown Asbury?:hmmm:

idbrian

Crotch Rot
About half an hour before the lights went out, I tried riding rollers on my fixed gear. Mere minutes into it, the (13 year old) roller belt broke. OK.

I first i was thinking, man, riding a roller on a fixed gear is pretty crazy, how would you do that.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I first i was thinking, man, riding a roller on a fixed gear is pretty crazy, how would you do that.
I haven't ridden my geared road bike on rollers for years now.

Fixed gear + rollers = Excellent cadence work.

Now all I need is a new roller belt. I got over 13 years out of the first one, so I can't complain.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I'm talking about a roller, as in a rock roller like you find at Blue Mountain. Or that monster roller on the left hand side of the white trail at Allamuchy as you are on your way in from the Waterloo lot. Who here has ridden that 40 ft roller? I think you would pretty much die if you attempted that on a fixie mtb.

al415

Banned
I wonder what sort of chaos erupted in the malls and other shopping centers? How about downtown Asbury?:hmmm:

I can provide some insight there. Several of us were in another town wearing funny outfits, getting ready to do a search warrant, when the lights went out. We got called back to Asbury Park. By the time we arrived back in town the entire patrol division had lost their minds. The radio was a cacophony of high-pitched confusion. The problem stemmed from the fact that for all the shots-fired and robbery calls our guys deal with, they don’t know the first thing about directing traffic. There was mayhem at every intersection. The plain-clothes guys and I started walking and driving around the parts of town that had the most potential for shenanigans and tomfoolery. Where we encountered would-be miscreants we provided timely interventions and counseling. Meanwhile, the Sheriffs department sent fifteen guys to drive around our pitch-black streets as though they were qualifying at Monza. The State Police chipped in by sending six cars also. The Troopers could be spotted because they drove in three car convoys up and down Main Street looking for an exit ramp. To complete the whole Escape from New York feel to the evening, the County helicopter flew overhead providing spot light cover at the most inopportune times. It was a very rewarding night.

Top Bottom