Going Long and Hard.

Zaskar

@jimvreeland rides more than anyone on this board and he's 100+ miles behind the first guy. That just blows my mind.
Thought I'd check him out on Strava... Looks like Jim may be catching him sooner than later.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Commute.

20220506_093019.jpg

Still in 3rd.

Screenshot_20220506-192050_Chrome.jpg

And so, Will got hit by a car today and is out of the running. Totally sucks because A) I really didn't want to get a hollow victory by someone getting taken out, and B) I really enjoy having someone that can push me out of my comfort zone. This is going to sound a tad egotistical but very few people are capable of that. I enjoy being humbled and then using it as an opportunity for growth. I talked to Will for a bit after the shop closed and he's in good spirits. Dennis is on his team so we'll see what happens. The guy in 4th is also on Dennis' team so they have a pretty good lead. Dennis on his own does 250-300 miles a week.

Steve Vai

Weekend was not best for riding. Saturday was not only a washout, I had to chaperone kids for an Orchestra Fundraiser. Then we and my kid went into the city to see Yngwie. I squeezed in a short hour just to keep my streak.

Anywhoo. Pizza with the boy at 2am in NYC.

PSX_20220508_100940.jpg

My wife had work this morning so in theory, I could've done a 200k today as planned. However, leaving NYC at 2am and getting home and in bed at like 3-3:30 doesn't work well in my old age 🤣

It was right before Noon when I mustered enough motivation to jump on the bike. I just squeezed in a 100k Perm before we went out for Mother's Day.

strava7351261392911568990.jpg

PSX_20220508_164635.jpg

PSX_20220508_170030.jpg

In my lollygagging and Pizza eating, I've allowed a new foe to emerge. Hopefully a good night's rest will prep me for a very difficult week of catch up.

Screenshot_20220508-195546_Chrome.jpg

thegock

Commute.

View attachment 184278

Still in 3rd.

View attachment 184279

And so, Will got hit by a car today and is out of the running. Totally sucks because A) I really didn't want to get a hollow victory by someone getting taken out, and B) I really enjoy having someone that can push me out of my comfort zone. This is going to sound a tad egotistical but very few people are capable of that. I enjoy being humbled and then using it as an opportunity for growth. I talked to Will for a bit after the shop closed and he's in good spirits. Dennis is on his team so we'll see what happens. The guy in 4th is also on Dennis' team so they have a pretty good lead. Dennis on his own does 250-300 miles a week.

They say that it was a black Camaro...

The Kalmyk

Weekend was not best for riding. Saturday was not only a washout, I had to chaperone kids for an Orchestra Fundraiser. Then we and my kid went into the city to see Yngwie. I squeezed in a short hour just to keep my streak.

Anywhoo. Pizza with the boy at 2am in NYC.

View attachment 184384

My wife had work this morning so in theory, I could've done a 200k today as planned. However, leaving NYC at 2am and getting home and in bed at like 3-3:30 doesn't work well in my old age 🤣

It was right before Noon when I mustered enough motivation to jump on the bike. I just squeezed in a 100k Perm before we went out for Mother's Day.

View attachment 184385

View attachment 184386

View attachment 184387

In my lollygagging and Pizza eating, I've allowed a new foe to emerge. Hopefully a good night's rest will prep me for a very difficult week of catch up.

View attachment 184388

You sleepin... They creepin son

ekuhn

Thought I'd check him out on Strava... Looks like Jim may be catching him sooner than later.

Thats a bummer for any rider.

Steve Vai

100k Commute today slid me up a spot.

strava1969475417199020543.jpg

Screenshot_20220509-195251_Chrome.jpg

And as a side quest, 3 of the top 10 Commuters are from HB, cuz we about that life.

Screenshot_20220509-195411_Chrome.jpg

I have something really dumb planned for tomorrow to hopefully snag that top spot. We'll see if it works out.

Steve Vai

Cool! Me too... WaWa cheese hoagie getting smacked in the face.

This is from the 200 last month. Imma shoot to keep it under 45m difference.
View attachment 184537

650 lyfe son... dont hate😂😂

Will be weird with the Controls being 1 off compared to the 200. I usually don't stop until the Jerseyville WaWa but that's at 120 miles now. Probably hit the 7-11 right before Marmalukes on Ocean Ave. That's about 1/2 way.

Top Bottom