Biggest loser

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Hi all,

Been lurking here since the beginning but just haven't gotten around to posting. Getting a lot of motivation from everyone's great progress. I started mid-February after having trouble buckling my belt that I've had at the same notch for years. I guess working from home put those few extra pounds on to push me over the limit. I'm not really obsessive about my weight and really hadn't been on a scale in years other than the doc's office. I just use my clothes fit to tell me when somethings up. Trying to lose by doing these things:
1. Logging ALL food, drinks and exercise on My Fitness Pal app.
2. Trying to limit alcohol intake (only mildly successfully)
3. Trying to get in more rides or trainer rides

Using the MFP app has made me much more conscious of the snacking that I'm doing and the benefit from exercise on keeping to the goals.

My goal is to get down to around 205, which I probably haven't seen in 25 years.

Anywho, here's the deal:

Screenshot_20220430-075103 (2).png

Thanks for the motivation.

JDurk

E2M program Round 2, Week 7, Day 6

Day late with my recap. Weighed in yesterday but had a busy day.
Diet
Meal plan, hydration were on point. Had a plan for some more rides this week, so introduced some rice to early meals the day before. Saturday was the first MASS race at Fair Hill so broke my fast early with a plan approved meal and then fueled like I normally would for a race during, then back to real food immediately after. Race fueling was successful. Only had 1 beer after the race and 1 more with our cheat meal that we ended up cooking at home instead of going out. Apps, entree, and a big cookie for dessert.

Exercise
Circuits M/W/F, spin bike T/Th. Got a few lunch walks this week while at work too. Added an evening of the 1st Belmont #notarace Thursday in Philly. As I mentioned, MASS race #1 at Fair Hill, I registered for Endurance 45+. Planned to use it as just a training day for getting used to the new body, bike and how to fuel for longer rides, especially with TSE coming up at the end of May. Ended up with 6 laps in 4:43:14, good for 24th/38. Happy with how it went and had many comments from racers who haven't seen me since last year commenting how thin I look. Next test will be French Creek.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235.4
4/23/22 Current weight = 185.8
Diff: weekly down 3.8, total lost = 49.6
While I did ramp up the exercise a bit this week, didn't expect another big drop. Weighed in before the race. So close to my 50lb goal. Should be no problem to reach that this week as the meals and exercise plan will be the same.

Wife's results are also good. Down 3.8lbs for the week and down a total of 26lbs. Her original goal was 25. Both of us have moved our original goal line since starting this program.
E2M program Round 2, Week 8, Day 6

Final week of Round 2.
Diet
Stuck to the meal plan and hydration 100% for the week. However, it was what I will call a hungry week. Between meals I was drinking more black coffee or tea, chewing sugarless gum or guzzling water. Introduced a few simple carbs in the form of fruit or brown rice with some early meals on Wed and Thurs because I planned to do a race effort ride on Thursday evening. Today's celebration meal will be going out this afternoon for a big burger, FF and beer before going to a friends gathering for his birthday.

Exercise
Circuits, spin bike for cardio, windy lunch break walks and another Thurs night of Belmont #notarace. Heading to WC/MR with some of the race team dudes on Sunday.

Weight
4/30/22 Current weight = 182.4
Diff: weekly down 3.4, total lost = 53
This is truly an amazing fitness program. Wasn't feeling all that confident. Since Wed, felt like I was always hungry and after eating a little bloated. Ate a little outside the eating window and volume of food was higher on Thursday with the Belmont race. Was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning.

Tale of the tape
53 y/o, 5'8"
Weight loss 8wk Round 1 = 31.6lbs
Weight loss 8wk Round 2 = 21.4lbs
Chest: 47" to 40"
Waist: 43" to 37.5"
Hips: 45.5" to 39"
Total inches lost: 23"
Garmin Connect stats (estimates obviously)
Fitness age: 29 y/o
BMI: 36.9 to 28.6
avg RHR: 59bpm to 46bpm

For my wife, 27lbs and 20.5" lost. Both of us are planning to move into maintenance mode and adding a little muscle now that we've dropped so much.

Adding pics for visual results

Attachments

• 20220102_094638.jpg
    20220102_094638.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220102_094645.jpg
    20220102_094645.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220102_094650.jpg
    20220102_094650.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220430_081140.jpg
    20220430_081140.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20220430_081148.jpg
    20220430_081148.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 62
  • 20220430_081155.jpg
    20220430_081155.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

iman29

Hard to believe month 4 is now complete! Just based on the posts and how much this thread has died down I think we lost at least 75 percent of the people that started out at the beginning of the year. For those that are left how close are you to your goal and has it gotten harder or easier with time? For me keeping up the exercise and eating healthy has be one routine now and I have no issues with keeping both of those going. I am having issues with hunger and finding super low calorie filling foods to keep me full. I keep moving the goal post as far as the number I want to hit and it's getting discouraging every time I hit the goal and think the rest of the belly will be gone and it's not. I can't belive how light I'm going to need to get to have it go away entirely
I'm currently at 157.4 down 42.7 pounds.
42.7 lbs is no joke that’s really good !

I remember one thing that stuck with me when I was dropping weight and still
to this day is that most times when you feel Hungry is to try and drink water first instead. It doesn’t always work since I definitely find that some days it’s hard to get more water down so I add a few drops of the no sugar flavoring. Yogurt and fruit also works and it I’m home an apple slices up with a side of PB works good too.

Pat is right the scale and the belly is not the only measure. If your clothes are falling off and things like resting HR avg are going down you’re doing things right. 👍🏻

iman29

Week 16

Taking a mulligan - Sue has covid, and I keep testing negative. My gut is all knotted-up,
and I've been avoiding stressing the system, just in case i'm fighting it off.
(not sure how this works, but seems reasonable?)

Wasn't a bad week eating other than going out on wed night for a pasta meal.
Just lack of exercise....

Weighed myself yesterday, and it wasn't horrible, but i'm going to "wait" to check-in until next week.
Ugh hope she’s better soon and it’s nothing too severe.

xc62701

Hard to believe month 4 is now complete! Just based on the posts and how much this thread has died down I think we lost at least 75 percent of the people that started out at the beginning of the year. For those that are left how close are you to your goal and has it gotten harder or easier with time? For me keeping up the exercise and eating healthy has be one routine now and I have no issues with keeping both of those going. I am having issues with hunger and finding super low calorie filling foods to keep me full. I keep moving the goal post as far as the number I want to hit and it's getting discouraging every time I hit the goal and think the rest of the belly will be gone and it's not. I can't belive how light I'm going to need to get to have it go away entirely
I'm currently at 157.4 down 42.7 pounds.

For me the eating has gotten easier as I’m really into a rhythm, but the scale isn’t moving as much. I’m still hanging in the 164/165 range. I think my body is telling me it’s happy with that for now, even though I’d like to drop a few more pounds. Once I saw 165 I set the goal of 155 by June 1st and not sure if I’ll see that. I’m giving lots of time to get there, but it really depends on what the body wants to do. The lowest I’ve seen is 163 a couple of times but then for some reason or another it bumps up a little and then drops and raises. I’m committing to sticking with my plan and seeing how it turns out.

Honestly if this is all I can do I’m damn happy. I’d love to maintain this the rest of my life. If I can drop a few more though I’ll take it. With my fitness increasing I’m probably gaining a little muscle as well so there’s that. For all the weight I’ve lost, it’s really splitting hairs and probably a little greedy to try and go for more, but what the hell right?

Over the Bars

Final week of Round 2.
Diet
Stuck to the meal plan and hydration 100% for the week. However, it was what I will call a hungry week. Between meals I was drinking more black coffee or tea, chewing sugarless gum or guzzling water. Introduced a few simple carbs in the form of fruit or brown rice with some early meals on Wed and Thurs because I planned to do a race effort ride on Thursday evening. Today's celebration meal will be going out this afternoon for a big burger, FF and beer before going to a friends gathering for his birthday.

Exercise
Circuits, spin bike for cardio, windy lunch break walks and another Thurs night of Belmont #notarace. Heading to WC/MR with some of the race team dudes on Sunday.

Weight
This is truly an amazing fitness program. Wasn't feeling all that confident. Since Wed, felt like I was always hungry and after eating a little bloated. Ate a little outside the eating window and volume of food was higher on Thursday with the Belmont race. Was shocked when I stepped on the scale this morning.

Tale of the tape
53 y/o, 5'8"

For my wife, 27lbs and 20.5" lost. Both of us are planning to move into maintenance mode and adding a little muscle now that we've dropped so much.

Amazing work man keep it up

Over the Bars

For all the weight I’ve lost, it’s really splitting hairs and probably a little greedy to try and go for more, but what the hell right?
This is deffintly the point I'm at I figure with all the work I've already put in I might as well go all the way and aim for the best shape of my life. But the reality is I made a massive life improvement In a short amount of time and even with where I'm at now I'm in a very good place being stronger, faster, lighter, healthier, happier!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
For me the eating has gotten easier as I’m really into a rhythm, but the scale isn’t moving as much. I’m still hanging in the 164/165 range. I think my body is telling me it’s happy with that for now, even though I’d like to drop a few more pounds. Once I saw 165 I set the goal of 155 by June 1st and not sure if I’ll see that. I’m giving lots of time to get there, but it really depends on what the body wants to do. The lowest I’ve seen is 163 a couple of times but then for some reason or another it bumps up a little and then drops and raises. I’m committing to sticking with my plan and seeing how it turns out.

Honestly if this is all I can do I’m damn happy. I’d love to maintain this the rest of my life. If I can drop a few more though I’ll take it. With my fitness increasing I’m probably gaining a little muscle as well so there’s that. For all the weight I’ve lost, it’s really splitting hairs and probably a little greedy to try and go for more, but what the hell right?

Sounds really low. You were very successful at this weight.
Might be time to experiment and see if you can up the power while holding weight?

xc62701

Sounds really low. You were very successful at this weight.
Might be time to experiment and see if you can up the power while holding weight?

Yea, I was 157 when at my fastest. My power and recovery have been getting exponentially better. I haven’t really done any structured workouts, so it’s time to throw some of that in and see what happens. If I get stronger at this weight, I’d be 1000% happy.

xc62701

Yea, I was 157 when at my fastest. My power and recovery have been getting exponentially better. I haven’t really done any structured workouts, so it’s time to throw some of that in and see what happens. If I get stronger at this weight, I’d be 1000% happy.
Oh yes, and another thing I need to remind myself is that the light number was in my early 30s with lots of time to train and no family. Now I’m in my early 40s with a family and limited time. That does make a big difference!

Johnny Utah

Final week of Round 2.
Diet

Exercise

Weight

Tale of the tape
53 y/o, 5'8"

Congratulations, great work!

Johnny Utah

Back from two weeks on the road/in Utah. Copious amounts of very very good (bad for you) food and a trainload of Colorado craft beers. If I see a fast food burger again I am going to lose it.

Weather is getting warmer and fuel is getting expensive. Next road trip is in 142 days, time to get back to work on myself (try to). Lots of bike for the summer.

- No booze
- Limit eating out
- 1.5-2lbs per week
- Lots of bikes

I cut out a Pilates as I screwed up my arm really bad back in December/January. It was very hard to sleep, and basically gave me an annoying pain all day. I stopped putting strain on it and it is finally getting better/is better (I hope).

Starting weight 219.5. Shooting for 185 by 9/25.

I will refrain from posting fun food pics in here from said trip.

#Thick

E983BBD6-5D56-41B3-B7F1-00EAD91228F6.jpeg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Week 16

Taking a mulligan - Sue has covid, and I keep testing negative. My gut is all knotted-up,
and I've been avoiding stressing the system, just in case i'm fighting it off.
(not sure how this works, but seems reasonable?)

Wasn't a bad week eating other than going out on wed night for a pasta meal.
Just lack of exercise....

Weighed myself yesterday, and it wasn't horrible, but i'm going to "wait" to check-in until next week.
Wishing Sue a quick recovery. As to your current state, judgement call on exercise vs resting if negative Covid results.

Mahnken

Got my positive test on Monday, lol.
PXL_20220502_230608815.jpg

Didn't want to get out of bed Monday, since then it has just been allergy like symptoms, which I'm used to.

My weight is stalled around the 177 mark, but I think I'm finally ready to cut back on crap food. Or in my case, just cut out the crap completely. Seems when I try to cut back, it always turns into excess. So, all or nothing. Last week I think I got a touch of food poisoning after eating out, this helped to solidify this plan.

I might cut out any strenuous exercise until I test negative for covid, and just let me body rest for a week. Then get back at it full force.

Over the Bars

Got my positive test on Monday, lol. View attachment 184174
Didn't want to get out of bed Monday, since then it has just been allergy like symptoms, which I'm used to.

My weight is stalled around the 177 mark, but I think I'm finally ready to cut back on crap food. Or in my case, just cut out the crap completely. Seems when I try to cut back, it always turns into excess. So, all or nothing. Last week I think I got a touch of food poisoning after eating out, this helped to solidify this plan.

I might cut out any strenuous exercise until I test negative for covid, and just let me body rest for a week. Then get back at it full force.
Covid and food poisoning yikes Speedy recovery

Top Bottom