Last Cross race tomorrow ...

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Well the end of the Cyclocross season is tomorrow in Phillipsburg, NJ. The weather is calling for an inch of snow to cover the race course. Temps to be hovering in the upper 20's. It has been a long racing season ... tomorrow will be race number 29 with number 30, a MTB race in just two weeks in Schenectady, NY. It's funny I want to finish racing to heal up and finally take a short break, but can't wait to start training for next season and counting the days till the first H2H event in May!

RC ... :drooling:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!

I've actually really been looking forward to racing in some snow this season. Either way tomorrow is gonna be tons of fun, but wouldn't this be nice?

n1291834825_6498_8475.jpg

n1291834825_127475_7370.jpg

-Jim

Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Thanks everybody!!

Today was not my day at all. I flatted not even 1/2 way around the first lap. My legs felt great and I was making a move to get up front by taking a "less-than-stellar" line and ripped my rear tire. I ran the rest of the loop to get to the pit and I stole a wheel off my team mates pit bike. I took a little too long and dropped way off the back of the field. Going up the run-up the first time, I could see the leaders (including newly upgraded Fred Brown!!) coming by me the other way about 1/2 lap ahead. I swear at that point I nearly sold my bike:cry: I knew I needed to finish in order to get points for the overall cup so I trenched on. Thanks to Larry, JDog, and Christina for screaming at me, it got me motivated enough to pick my way through the field, one at a time, and finish 14th overall. I wish I was at the front, with the effort I put out, I'm sure I'd have been on the podium. But there are still a few good points to today. I ended up keeping my 2nd overall in the NJBA CX Cup. And, a podium would've given me enough points to get bumped into CAT1, now I get to race B again next season!! And I'm sure he'll be on here, but great job Freddy!! 3rd place in his first time out with the big boys!! WOOP WOOP!!

-Jim.

ArmyOfNone

Wow. So a pretty good first taste of the B's today. I am pretty stoked and shocked to end up where I did. The race was much faster and much longer which meant it was more painful! I was on the edge the entire race. So close to blowing up. It was so great to have the crew out there cheering us all on. Thanks yall!

Thanks J for letting me borrow your bike! And Joe for the rear wheel! Just as I was getting ready to warm up I felt some play in by left crank. I found that the threads where the pedal goes was completely detached! AHH!!! So thanks for coming to the rescue!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Today's race was a blast, it was the first race in a while that I didn't blow up and felt pretty strong, I finished in 8th. Tommy did well in the 45+ finishing just outside the top 10. The overnight light snow covererd course slowly turned to frozen muddy sections that kept the riders on their toes. The race of the day had to be the "Killa Bees". A 1/2 lap in the the top 5 racers were gapping the field. I was shocked to see :scared: Fred "Whos your Daddy Now" Brown in 3rd with Jim "Night Train" Vreeland in 5th doggin 4th. With my two dee O double Gee's (Dogg's to the lay person):D up in front of the pack the stage was set to be an awesome race. On the very next lap Fred was still in 3rd and JimV not in sight :hmmm: :mad: I heard Jim had flatted. I was yelling for Fred to "Push, don't settle" and to JimV "Pedal faster, what the hell are you doing!" :D Tough break for Jim, the way he was pushing in 5th he would have been up there at the end. I saw Fred cross the finish line with his arm's raised! Good day to the last Cyclocross race of 08'

RC ... :)

ArmyOfNone

You were awesome out there! Sorry I was in so much pain to even change my facial expression! Thanks!:getsome:

Great job Fred!!!!! Jim V, I feel your pain...:-( I traveled to VA for the last of the MAC races and suffered the same fate ( Flat Tire) unlike you I was not able to finish....So instead of gaining 3 overall spots I lost 2...Should be 17th in the series....next year top 10.... At this point I'm on the fence about Kansas City.... I have 2 days to make up my mind.... All in all it was a GREAT CX season.... Now let's get back to some MTB riding.... Happy holiday to everyone!!!! RC is the best person to have at a race to cheer you on.....thanks for all your cheering:)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
RC is the best person to have at a race to cheer you on.....thanks for all your cheering:)

Awe, thanks Chuck. Sorry to hear about your DNF, it makes a long drive home seem longer. I think Fred is the best cheerleader out there, if you are within 100 feet of him, you need to have ear plugs! He rode a super race. Time to get rid of the pins and get back to the white twisty ties!

RC ... :)

mfennell

I had a great time today. Jim yelling "go sketchy cross guy's friend" kept me grinning through the pain. jdog's flat was a real bummer - I thought I was catching him! 8th or 9th in the Cs in the end but three of us were a few seconds apart most of the race. That's what it's all about.

Did anyone ride the run-up?

BiknBen

I think Fred is the best cheerleader out there, if you are within 100 feet of him, you need to have ear plugs!

He learned that from me. I brought a horn, confetti, and silly string to the Mercer Race. Fred hasn't been the same since.

ArmyOfNone

He learned that from me. I brought a horn, confetti, and silly string to the Mercer Race. Fred hasn't been the same since.

I need a roll of tape and a piece of plywood to bang! Between that and my yelling...some cowbells on my feet.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

nycross.com

I need a roll of tape and a piece of plywood to bang! Between that and my yelling...some cowbells on my feet.

That would be pretty damn funny. nycross has a gorilla banging a bucket.
N
"More cowbell."

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
that was a really fun race! the course was pretty awesome, a little bit of everything, but they should have routed it through the skate park..that would have been interesting haha.

big thanks to jim and fred for yelling their lungs out during the cat 4 race, cheering always helps. though at one point on the first lap i got a bit distracted and managed to not see the turn off of the pavement, up the side of the hill, before the runup, where i managed to lock up both brakes and slide sideways for what seemed like an eternity...at least i didnt fall haha.

i was so suprised to see that i finished in front of Jdog, and i actually felt good about that until i talked to him after the race and he told me that he had to run the first lap because of a flat...then that made me feel crappy lol

but i had a ton of fun my first season and will be back better for next year!

Top Bottom