06 Reba Race ?s

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
does anyone have an off the shelf guess as to why i'd only be getting 40mm of travel out of this fork? when i push down on it, it feels like it's hitting what i can only describe as a bump-stop. it's exactly 40mm throught the stroke.

i've adjusted the air and that's fine. it's not leaking oil or air. no visible cracks. so, short of having it torn apart, which seems to be the only real option to figure this out, anyone have any guesses?

much appreciated.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
damper is broken. Fluid from the top ran down into the lower and now its hydro-locking when you compress it.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
damper is broken. Fluid from the top ran down into the lower and now its hydro-locking when you compress it.

precisely. This can be a matter of bad o-rings on the damper, and not actually the damper itself. Could be caused from running the wrong floodgate setting for instance. I did this service for a friend on a recon recently. Any competent shop can handle the service with a motion control rebuild kit from sram.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
precisely. This can be a matter of bad o-rings on the damper, and not actually the damper itself. Could be caused from running the wrong floodgate setting for instance. I did this service for a friend on a recon recently. Any competent shop can handle the service with a motion control rebuild kit from sram.

wrong floodgate setting? how so?

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
wrong floodgate setting? how so?

If you have the blowoff set high, and run the fork locked out fairly often, it puts alot of force on the damper and its seals.

I'm not a suspension engineer, but that makes sense to me after having alot of motion control forks opened up.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
hmm. i run it locked 98% of the time so that could be the issue.

well, i had a pretty solid failure today at MD so it looks like it's in dire need of an overhaul. i was thinking of doing it myself but it's WAY too cold in my garage so off to the shop it'll go. thanks all!

Top Bottom