Allamuchy Ride Yesterday

xc62701

Allamuchy was perfect yesterday. I went and had a nice 2.5 hour ride with absolutely no disturbances except for a couple of sticks that tried to eat my derraileur. I started out ond went up cardiac as usual and retraced some of the ride that I did with Norm and a few of the guys a couple of weeks ago. Everything was great. The trails were in good condition, not too muddy, the leaf cover was just right and things were beautiful. There is a HUGE tree down on the orange trail near the trailhead by tranquility lake. Some of those nice walls that come out of nowhere I somehow managed to climb. Of the 3 nasty ones I got up 2. I was so psyched. All I have been doing is base miles on the road bike and I think those perfect circles that we are trying to obtain are starting to filter their way into my mountain game. On the way back from Ice Cream I saw a nice log ride that has been established(never noticed it before) and got up on that and had some fun. I had a blast. I just wish that I knew the network of trails just a little better. My goal is to get lost just enough so that I know the whole place. I ended up by one of the lakes and only recognized it from the 50k course so I figured that was my cue to turn around. All in all a great ride. I can't wait to go back!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nice, i haven't ridden allamuchy since that ride with Kris about a month ago. i'd like to ride that place more as well... shouldn't be a problem, as i'll soon be moving to the landing area.

xc62701

nice, i haven't ridden allamuchy since that ride with Kris about a month ago. i'd like to ride that place more as well... shouldn't be a problem, as i'll soon be moving to the landing area.

Sweet. If I had that place in my backyard I'd be very happy. I need to find a day where I can really just explore and get completely lost if needed. I know enough pieces of the park that I should be able to save myself if I really got lost. I love all the techy gardens that are just hidden all over the place there.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's

hey, we're gonna be neighbors! welcome to mt. lion country!! i want to get up to alamuchy more and if you're gonna be an early rider i may be able to tag along once in awhile.

J-Dro

Sweet. If I had that place in my backyard I'd be very happy. I need to find a day where I can really just explore and get completely lost if needed. I know enough pieces of the park that I should be able to save myself if I really got lost. I love all the techy gardens that are just hidden all over the place there.

This past Sunday, I did just that. It was the first time that I led a ride rather then tag along with a group at Allamuchy. The 50K race this past October gave me enough knowledge to explore some of the unmarked trails and still put together a sweet 17 mile loop. The Mooch is a real gem, and the more I get to know it, the more I like it. Sunday was almost 60 degrees and we saw a grand total of 4 other riders in the park that day.:D

anrothar

entirely thrilled
hey, we're gonna be neighbors! welcome to mt. lion country!! i want to get up to alamuchy more and if you're gonna be an early rider i may be able to tag along once in awhile.

i'll be an early rider on weekends, but weekdays, my early rides will be to work. i think i'll have to leave at 5:30 to get there by 6:30 with enough time to stop sweating. OOOOOOOH!! they're installing a shower at work! i WIN!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Weekends and early rides - perfect!

Seriously post up everything you do. I try to but a) you guys won't go to CR nor RV and b) I often don't know where I'm going until I get in the car at 6:30.

ArmyOfNone

i'll be an early rider on weekends, but weekdays, my early rides will be to work. i think i'll have to leave at 5:30 to get there by 6:30 with enough time to stop sweating. OOOOOOOH!! they're installing a shower at work! i WIN!

w00t!

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Big Trees make...

There is a HUGE tree down on the orange trail near the trailhead by tranquility lake. On the way back from Ice Cream I saw a nice log ride that has been established(never noticed it before) and got up on that and had some fun.

The huge tree in on the radar as a project. If you liked what you found coming off of ice cream, then you may have an idea of what the project will be! ;) Should happen over the winter into spring.

For those inteerested in TM, I am involved withthe TM Group in Allamuchy (all three sections). If you are interested in helping out next year send me a PM or e-mail and I will make sure you are on the TM group e-0mail list!

Hope everyone has a great winter!

Bob W.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow thats early... And i get out of work at 7 :(

In the summer I've actually been on the trails before 6. Of course when you have a newborn you need to make it happen. So there ya go.

Like Steve asks, Where do you work?

Last edited:

xc62701

The huge tree in on the radar as a project. If you liked what you found coming off of ice cream, then you may have an idea of what the project will be! ;) Should happen over the winter into spring.

For those inteerested in TM, I am involved withthe TM Group in Allamuchy (all three sections). If you are interested in helping out next year send me a PM or e-mail and I will make sure you are on the TM group e-0mail list!

Hope everyone has a great winter!

Bob W.

Ahhh I see. That will be one high log ride!

Ryan H.

Top Bottom