clifton to chimney rock.

liong71er

shalom,..mtbnjer's!

chimney rock,..it's not a new place or park to all mtbikers in jerseys.
and as for me i can make it or pretending it like it is my first time, so yerterday was my first time there after last 6 month ago from my last visit. nothing changed much around here,..

so here's some pics i've shot, as i'm still learned how to take pics using an slr camera.
dscn0475gq5.jpg

entering newark city.
dscn0478bi7.jpg

no bikes allowed in this park.
dscn0484do3.jpg

entering bridgewater town.
dscn0487hs9.jpg

dscn0488bs2.jpg

dsc0218aw4.jpg

middlebrook falls
dscn0506ej2.jpg

dscn0493sx5.jpg

the rock

total distance:80.73 mile
ride time:7:17:45

over 1o hours,.. i have spent my entire day riding,eating,fix flat,taking picture and sightseeing.what a day,....for lone rider like myself(giggles n smiley face mode on)

thanks to moderators for allowing me to put all those pictures here!!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, thats some ride on a mountain bike 80 miles! You would kick but if you had a 16lb. road bike under you. :)

Panhead

Nice going, man! On a S/S no less. You wouldn't be related to a 6'4" Celt that used to hang here, would you?

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Is that yellow marked trail, the yellow CR trail? I've yet to ride the yellow / orange trails there.

Timmyd

Wow that sounds like a fun ride. Did you connect all the parks between Clifton and the rock or just ride the road out and back?
I have a version of that ride that brings me through Mills, Hill Top, Eagle Rock, South Mtn, Watchung, The rock and riding the road back. It took all day and about 20 dollars of food. What a blast! Glad to hear someone else gave it a shot.

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
woah...thats some epic ride, id love to do something like that, how often do you do rides like that?

liong71er

Wow that sounds like a fun ride. Did you connect all the parks between Clifton and the rock or just ride the road out and back?
I have a version of that ride that brings me through Mills, Hill Top, Eagle Rock, South Mtn, Watchung, The rock and riding the road back. It took all day and about 20 dollars of food. What a blast! Glad to hear someone else gave it a shot.

basiclly i just ride on road then,ride the trails then heading back out.
i did south mountain 3 three week ago(too bad no mtb allowed)

jontotman

Liong keep riding man! You almost made it to the podium on the last race in Blue Mountain SS Sports Cat. All those mileage will definitely give you a better chance next race season. Good Luck!

walter

Fourth Party
Just curious, during such a long day do you stop to eat lunch or dinner, or do you just eat whatever you carry along?

Great Job!!

Tim D, you MUST post that route one day... I grew up riding Mills, Eagle Rock, South Mountain and Watchung... I'll be damned if I can figure out your route...

Peace,
BB

Top Bottom