Ss?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know I seen before but can't find will q-rings work on ss specific bike?

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I know I seen before but can't find will q-rings work on ss specific bike?

They work fine on my SIR9...'just be sure to adjust chain tension with the cranks in the position with the most tension on the chain.

Jdog can probably elaborate...

BiknBen

Jdog can probably elaborate...

Yes the Q-rings will work on a SS.

These days Jdog serves the SS punch with a Q-Ring chaser. You can't leave without both. :rolleyes:

I held out for a long time but now have a Q-Ring on my bike.

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

I have one and I didn't even know or that they even existed. :D
I was likg WTF is wrong with my cranks...
Jdog cleared it up for me ;)

EDIT: WAIT hold on sec... :hmmm: are q rings the same as "eccentric chain rings" cause that's what J called it? If not then I don't have a q ring :(....From my understanding the Rotor brand Q-Ring just has variations as to how you want to setup your crank on the ring to see where you want your powerstroke. As opposed to an "ovalized chain ring" where there is only one way to mount your cranks.

Last edited:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
EDIT: WAIT hold on sec... :hmmm: are q rings the same as "eccentric chain rings" cause that's what J called it? If not then I don't have a q ring :(....From my understanding the Rotor brand Q-Ring just has variations as to how you want to setup your crank on the ring to see where you want your powerstroke. As opposed to an "ovalized chain ring" where there is only one way to mount your cranks.

One word. BIOPACE.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
rotor-q ring 33t $93 WTF!! In sept I paid $82 for it J you got any 33t at a resonable price?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
rotor-q ring 33t $93 WTF!! In sept I paid $82 for it J you got any 33t at a resonable price?

I have 2 left that are price at $86.. I can do those for $80 but when they are gone the new ones are $93.

AND don't be surprised if they go up again.

I keep saying it but.. Well Everything IS going UP UP UP!!

There are going to be some sad faces in the spring.

and Manny.. You have Rotor rings. They never made Bio-Pace in 4 bolt.

j

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
'Funny thing is 34T Q-rotors are $66. Why a 34T is $27 cheaper than a 33T is beyond me...

kush

Jdog, I'm assuming you should see a decline in component costs after a couple of months, as an uneducated guess. Is there anything you're hearing?

Almost all commodities and gasoline prices are back to 2005 levels.

Otherwise, if the prices continue to be stuck at a high, someone in the value chain is going to be making a lot of money, and it ain't you or us.

jdog

Shop Keep
'Funny thing is 34T Q-rotors are $66. Why a 34T is $27 cheaper than a 33T is beyond me...

They just got the 33's in this season. That being said they must have had old stock of the 34's.

Everything NEW is 50% more.. DUH!

jdog

Shop Keep
Once prices of consumer goods go up they tend to stay up.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27269544/

I have a bit of an inside track since I am pretty friendly with a few product managers. They are working on 010' stuff now and without question they seem to think that 010' stuff might end up being the same or very slightly less $ than 09' gear.

The bigger long term issue is that Shimano has not had major price increases in 10 years. This year they bumped prices by 20-30%. They will NOT be lowering prices. SRAM however is not up much this year as they have not needed to make as big a correction. All this leads to SRAM growing (in my eyes) a good clip through 09'...

Another issue to ponder is simple supply and demand. Everyone is running scared. With that in mind suppliers are apt to hold less stock above pre-book buy in. SO don't be surprised if you can't find the bike you want this year at all. Buy early and shop hard. The market is very competitive and most everyone is making very good bikes.

A good example that hits home for me is Niner. They decided NOT to sell complete bikes for 09'. They are only doing frames this year. They are just afraid of the buy in.

Locally we will loose a few more shops in 09'. Fixed expenses are all on the rise and consumer confidence is floundering. This is where you can really make a difference. Find a local shop and give them a shot with every purchase you are considering making. I for one would much rather match or even beat a online shop than loose business. Many times your local guy can combine orders to grant you free shipping. The guidance a local shop can give will add something to the purchase. The saying goes.. " it is not what you paid but what it cost" comes to mind..

and back to rotor.. They are made in Spain which has got to be crazy more pricey that what they would cost if made in Taiwan.

Top Bottom