Car-spotting thread

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Use the internetz! Knock some sense into these dealers and system!
https://jalopnik.com/2021-staff-pick-a-bronco-reservation-holder-tried-to-g-1847904601
And system lol please... It's called supply and demand.... People are waiting 10 months for model ys... selling their new teslas back to the dealers, then the dealers are selling under 500 mile used cars for more than news ones....

Kias, Hondas, gm, Ford vw... Everything that is even moderately desirable is being marked up due to lack of supply... KIAS FOR GOD SAKES

This is the famous line from war games.... The only way to win is not to play

THATmanMANNY

I know dis. economics or not they would mark them shit Broncos up anyways for the bros. The system is the dealer system. Just post a price. Parties reserve/agree. Change price as you need. The terms “Dealer market adjustment” is harder to swallow than just hey this is the price it’s increased 10k from last year.

w_b

If you make a non- refundable deposit there better be something in writing about the specific selling price. Otherwise might as well just use your Benjamins for kindling. Dumb.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rumor is the new Z order banks open tomorrow. But it typical Nissan-never-has-anything-in-demand logistics, Nissan is taking dealer stock orders in the first round. No customer orders. And 240 (nice) will be first editions in yellow with bronze wheels. I'm guessing 10K over on those.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

FastFreddy

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It runs on dead dinosaurs. You'd HATE it!

400hp TTV6 with a manual. But it's really the old Z chassis reimagined, so it needs to undercut the Supra/Z4 to make sense. It's gotta be $45K or less?
It will be alot like the nonsense that is the $59,995 corvette that nobody was ever able to actually buy. Your lucky if you can find a 1lt for 70k before delear markups. Just like your not getting a supra for under 50k before markups....it will be 50-60k to actually buy one...who knows, maybe by the time its out, the supply chain will be fixed...but Z cars, supras, vettes....ANYTHING that is slightly more than a honda CRV will get a dealer markup

God, go look at used corvettes on true car, 100k + for pretty much anything.

Captain Brainstorm

It will be alot like the nonsense that is the $59,995 corvette that nobody was ever able to actually buy. Your lucky if you can find a 1lt for 70k before delear markups. Just like your not getting a supra for under 50k before markups....it will be 50-60k to actually buy one...who knows, maybe by the time its out, the supply chain will be fixed...but Z cars, supras, vettes....ANYTHING that is slightly more than a honda CRV will get a dealer markup

God, go look at used corvettes on true car, 100k + for pretty much anything.
You just have to wait it out. In a few years you won't be able to spit without hitting one, like all previous Z's. You should see the ridiculous offers that I've gotten on my 18yr old car with 110k on it. Only reason I haven't sold it is because I'm not getting raped on a newer car. Plus its a very inefficient and semi-loud V8, and I like that you can hear it warm the globe.

From what I've heard, if you order a brand new car (certain mfgr's), the markup is minimal, if at all. You just need to wait the 6mo to get your car.

BPaze

Depends on the dealer, I ordered a Jeep from Nielson and they threw on 4k markup on delivery when it wasn't agreed on. Told them to F off and found the exact truck we wanted every option for MSRP and got it within a week from Videon by Philly. Took a lot of work and called about 30 dealers but was able to get the exact vehicle we wanted and got it right away. I actually had 3 dealers competing and took the best offer.

qclabrat

Has anyone been to a Mecum auction. Thinking to drop by to check out the Flying Mustang which is back on the block. Do they display the featured cars or can you only see them during the day of the auction?

Top Bottom