Any scotch/whisky drinkers in here?

JDurk

I'll have to say I wasn't on board when I first opened it.
Pretty intense.
It needs time and a little air.
I definitely came around (or it did) sitting on the shelf after I cracked it.
Oh wait, looking closer at your picture, mine wasn't Toasted Barrel, it was just regular.

GTCHAMPION1

The transmission on my 2020 Crosstrek was making a whining noise, so I took the car to the dealer and they took 3 weeks to finally put a remanufactured transmission in my car, I get the car back today at lunch time, start driving on the parkway to get back home and the transmission locked up making me lose control and hit the guardrail, left skid marks for about ⅛ of a mile, good thing I was driving on the slow lane. I cannot tell if the tech was being a butcher or if the transmission failed. I'll post an update tomorrow. so Old Forester 1910 is going to calm me down tonight 😠
IMG_20211110_221630115.jpg
IMG_20211110_181112313.jpgIMG_20211110_183353336.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211110_181050210.jpg
    IMG_20211110_181050210.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2

Captain Brainstorm

The transmission on my 2020 Crosstrek was making a whining noise, so I took the car to the dealer and they took 3 weeks to finally put a remanufactured transmission in my car, I get the car back today at lunch time, start driving on the parkway to get back home and the transmission locked up making me lose control and hit the guardrail, left skid marks for about ⅛ of a mile, good thing I was driving on the slow lane. I cannot tell if the tech was being a butcher or if the transmission failed. I'll post an update tomorrow. so Old Forester 1910 is going to calm me down tonight 😠
View attachment 170724
View attachment 170727View attachment 170726
Wow! Sounds like someone at the dealership forgot to refill the transmission with oil. Or left a wrench in there.

When you drain your bottle of 1910, check out the 1920 Prohibition style, its pretty tasty. Slightly higher octane than the 1910, but also brings a little more body with it.

GTCHAMPION1

Wow! Sounds like someone at the dealership forgot to refill the transmission with oil. Or left a wrench in there.

When you drain your bottle of 1910, check out the 1920 Prohibition style, its pretty tasty. Slightly higher octane than the 1910, but also brings a little more body with it.
It had fluid because there were no overheating messages, either the unit failed or most likely fasteners we're NOT torqued down to specs, a lot of mechanic use an impact gun to tighten things up and do t care about properly torquing bolts down from which bolts become loose or snap. With Mercedes we have to replace most of the bolts and torque them down so catastrophic situation don't happen. I just got another loaner car and they promised me my complete cat will be fix, and if it's a Subaru issue, Subaru will take full responsibility too.

1920 prohibition style been on the list for a while 😉 I have not try it yet

Top Bottom