Crossaddict's Upgrade Protocol

CrossAddict

This may get a few people pissed, but it is just on "NUT'S opinion"

See, I'm upgrading next season:). I had a great year, and really got back into MTBing. I trained, ate well, rested, and won a few races. Thus, I plan on challenging myself in the upcoming season.:D Having never won a State Championship B-race, I plan on racing it 'trying' to win. If I do win I'll gladly move up and NEVER race the B class again. I'm sure most people in my position would do the same.
As I've told Fred, I never see the point in upgrading if you are not in the top three and take and occasional win during the season. If you can't win in the lower classes you certainly won't ever have a chance when you upgrade. (When I went to expert years ago, it was 5 years before I won again) So enjoy the moment while it lasts, because it may never happen again (or for a long time). Peace, love, and MTBing/Cross <-- which ever you choose.

-Roger

Dan

This may get a few people pissed, but it is just on "NUT'S opinion"

See, I'm upgrading next season:). I had a great year, and really got back into MTBing. I trained, ate well, rested, and won a few races. Thus, I plan on challenging myself in the upcoming season.:D Having never won a State Championship B-race, I plan on racing it 'trying' to win. If I do win I'll gladly move up and NEVER race the B class again. I'm sure most people in my position would do the same.
As I've told Fred, I never see the point in upgrading if you are not in the top three and take and occasional win during the season. If you can't win in the lower classes you certainly won't ever have a chance when you upgrade. (When I went to expert years ago, it was 5 years before I won again) So enjoy the moment while it lasts, because it may never happen again (or for a long time). Peace, love, and MTBing/Cross <-- which ever you choose.

-Roger

I think most people in your position would race 35+ or A. If I thought I had a

chance to win the B race I would move up for more competition. Finishing 5th

in a tougher race carries more respect than saying you won the B race. I

would not be proud of my efforts if I knew I was in the wrong group. Also no

points should be given for the C races that way people move up.

Dan

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Watch out son...

I paid someone in the B field to headbutt Roger in the balls at the start so I can at least get a head start;)

Seriously, I have no real interest in doing well on Saturday, I just have a few guys to look out for in the overall NJBA CX cup, that's my goal for this season.

-Jim.

PS-WWCX is bringing a secret weapon, someone for you to play with Roger.

BiknBen

I think most people in your position would race 35+ or A. ....
Dan

Roger, you've got yourself one hell of a fan club. :hitsfan: :p

In all honesty, I don't have an opinion. I do not care. I've won a few MTB races over the years. In some cases, they were anti-climatic. I ended up out front and just rode to the finish. :whoopdedo

The races that were most memorable for me usually involved a battle for the last podium spot or the last payout positions. Guys will fight like hell to come home with something. That is where the real action is. Those hard-fought races are the ones that I find most rewarding.

This CX mud-slinging stuff is just silly. It's becoming apparent that some are not leading by example while others are just being poor losers. Everyone should behave in a way that promotes the events and the sport.

I'm thinking about showing up this Saturday. If so, you'll find me in the B race. My goal will be to leave it all out on the course and see what happens.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This CX mud-slinging stuff is just silly. It's becoming apparent that some are not leading by example while others are just being poor losers. Everyone should behave in a way that promotes the events and the sport.

Good post Ben. I've put in my 2 cents on what I think of the people winning. But I also think the people complaining about guys like Roger and Fred are missing a valuable point. And they live in a world where they are the center of the universe. Basically this position states this:

soonToBeSandbagger said:
Everyone faster than me should upgrade so I can win.

Unfortunately that makes you a sandbagger too. Really, what right do you have to say where anyone else should be racing?

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
I think most people in your position would race 35+ or A. If I thought I had a chance to win the B race I would move up for more competition. Finishing 5th in a tougher race carries more respect than saying you won the B race. I would not be proud of my efforts if I knew I was in the wrong group. Also no points should be given for the C races that way people move up. Dan

Sorry, I have a pet peave about double spacing. :D All this stuff about Roger, sheesh! This is where it all ends, He is a Cat 2 rider, ok say it with me now The Killa B's are CAT ---->(2)<---- 3 and 4. There is nothing wrong with it, move on next topic please. The moderators are comtemplating on removing the Cyclocross Forum inpart because of cry babys :cry: stop worring about what others do just show up and race.

R to the C

Last edited:

axcxnj

Hipster Keys
it would be sad to lose this forum because of stuff like this, this is supposed to be a fun place, i lose horribly but i still enjoy racing...im improving against myself and that is what should count

CrossAddict

State Champion Finally !!!

I enjoy cycling.

I do too !! J to the D-O-G

Just rocked out 1st in the Masters Cyclocross Race:D, and would have won the B-race if they let me in.:p I've been chasing a championship in cross for many seasons now, and Ralf Warmuth didn't show up to hammer me so I was afforded a victory in the 35+. Thanks Ralf:) He is a great guy and I'm sure he was off at another race hammering some other poor folks. Well, as I promised, if I won the B's (on finishing times, since i raced 35+) I'd never race it again. I shall hold true to my word. 35+ elite masters and A races here I come:D Peace.

-Roger

Dan

I do too !! J to the D-O-G

Just rocked out 1st in the Masters Cyclocross Race:D, and would have won the B-race if they let me in.:p I've been chasing a championship in cross for many seasons now, and Ralf Warmuth didn't show up to hammer me so I was afforded a victory in the 35+. Thanks Ralf:) He is a great guy and I'm sure he was off at another race hammering some other poor folks. Well, as I promised, if I won the B's (on finishing times, since i raced 35+) I'd never race it again. I shall hold true to my word. 35+ elite masters and A races here I come:D Peace.

-Roger

Nice ride today Roger.

Dan

CrossAddict

Thanks !!!

Thanks, Dan and Fred. It was great having you guys cheering me on out there. I felt really good and unlike the MAC races I was able to get a spot on the front. (That helps a little) Lars told me to check my cranks to see if they are cracked.:confused: I don't know what he could be talking about.:D

-Roger

Top Bottom