Ok Jeff this is the best I could do...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Only had 2 hours, still no car. The oil is pouring out here. Check out the oil filter drenched in oil. Looks like I blew a gasket:

3052207625_a4ba2e9b39.jpg

So I loaded up the mountain bike for a ride out of the house. Check out the driveway and the streaks of oil:

3054036377_c623641a6f.jpg

Cruising down the dirt road in the Great Swamp. Nothing amazing but it's not pavement:

3054036191_332ba45be7.jpg

A bit over 40 minutes and I arrive at the back entrance of Lewis Morris:

3054869730_0b5cda3a20.jpg

Head across the park, and cross 24 into the lot to see if I know anyone there. I do not. I call the wife and take a picture of the stream:

3054869652_10a9889b31.jpg

A random shot of one of the trails that are not blown by the park. Hard to tell which way is up here:

3054035839_8a502fd13a.jpg

Heading back home after a short loop in the park. This is the back entrance of the Swamp:

3054035709_bf2da847be.jpg

No self portrait today and no obligatory GPS picture. In all did 26 miles, probably about 10 of them off-road.

Now beer.

pinkshirtphotos

Thats never a good thing. Is that a MKIII VW Jetta? Usually when I find a pool of oil under my car its from a cracked oil pan and that makes me cry :(

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thats never a good thing. Is that a MKIII VW Jetta? Usually when I find a pool of oil under my car its from a cracked oil pan and that makes me cry :(

I believe it's the VW Hunk O Crap.

Here's the MB link:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7196223

Thinking I can hit LM, go to PP, then out west, hook up with the Columbia Trail, Vorhees SP, then maybe over to RV. From there I would likely shoot straight home or head to CR to top it off, though at that point it would be just road miles.

gtluke

The Moped
I'm very rusty on my VW stuff but it looks like your car has a water cooled "sandwich" at the oil filter. Looks like one of those gaskets has busted. Actually its probably an O-ring. Take the oil filter off, and take the big ass stud that the oil filter threads onto and that sandwich piece should come down. Change both o-rings, install new oil filter. Drive car to nearest large parking lot and set of fire
:D

J-Dro

Nice! No silly blown oil gasket keeps Norm off the trails.:getsome:

It was a great weekend to hear the frost heaved ground crunch beneath your tires. I managed to schlep up north twice this weekend... Ringwood on saturday and the mooch on sunday. Yeah it was cold but nothing that a few layers, Lake boots and Gore gloves can't handle.

Hopefully that oil leak won't cost too much to repair.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Drive car to nearest large parking lot and set of fire
:D

LOL - yes indeed! I'm down with that part of the plan.

Nice! No silly blown oil gasket keeps Norm off the trails.:getsome:

Hopefully that oil leak won't cost too much to repair.

It shouldn't be too much. My neighbor-mechanic is going to take care of it, doesn't think it will be too much. He's out of town until enxt week, which means I'll be leading the ride at CR this weekend after riding there, then riding back. Might want to change the pace to low-intermediate or even "walkers welcome".

Top Bottom