Things that make you frown :(

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No brand wheel and tire combo from Ebay.

Never had a problem with Cheap China Tires before. They usually start losing air after 5 years due to dry rot.
In the RV world they are known as China bombs, and its so true. I had similar situation except it was the 4th July weekend. Took forever to locate anything. Like bikes and bike parts its become impossible to find anything RV part related.

johnbryanpeters

In the RV world they are known as China bombs, and its so true. I had similar situation except it was the 4th July weekend. Took forever to locate anything. Like bikes and bike parts its become impossible to find anything RV part related.
There's a China bomb legend in the RV world indeed, but it's not at all clear if it's valid.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There's a China bomb legend in the RV world indeed, but it's not at all clear if it's valid.
One just needs to read reviews, hardcores will tell you to toss the ones off your brand new RV.
And my first trip out this year had a fail so I can say yes "cheap" China trailer tires suck!!!

Kaleidopete

Have you ever bought something that you thought was going to be great,
only to soon be disappointed in it's performance? I have many times. Now
for the makes me frown part!
When I get a product that far exceeds my expectations and even after a few
months of use I find I'm really happy with it, so happy I want another one!
When I try and buy it though everywhere I look is either says "out of stock",
or "discontinued by the manufacturer". It really sucks that some of my great
finds cannot be replaced.

serviceguy

Have you ever bought something that you thought was going to be great,
only to soon be disappointed in it's performance? I have many times. Now
for the makes me frown part!
When I get a product that far exceeds my expectations and even after a few
months of use I find I'm really happy with it, so happy I want another one!
When I try and buy it though everywhere I look is either says "out of stock",
or "discontinued by the manufacturer". It really sucks that some of my great
finds cannot be replaced.
That's my experience of many times. It drives me nuts and fuels way too many desperate searches on e-bay and obscure obsolete bike parts pushers online...

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Getting (but ignoring) a message from my supervisor while I'm on vacation saying that the CEO will be in the office Tuesday after Labor Day to celebrate "back to work" but it's not mandatory.

1- Back to work? Dude, we've been working this entire friggin time. I can't even get a vacation without being bothered about work.

2- Not mandatory? It's the friggin' CEO and you're messaging me while I'm on vacation. Of course it's friggin' mandatory.

🙄🖕

iman29

Yesterday afternoon I pulled the generator out of the shed and ran it for 15 minutes just in case I needed it. Started on the first pull and no leaks so ready to go right ?

Not so fast ....

This afternoon after the increased warnings and stuff I decided to skip meetings and bring it up to the side of the house to have it ready to go. Dragged it across the yard and staged it in the usual spot and started it up no issue. Shut it down and smelled gas. Yup carb overflowing again!! FML.

Blew off work from 3-6 and tried to fix it. Cleaned the bowl and needle valve twice. Leaking. Then on final assembly the choke linkage would not work so left it disconnected and put it all back together. Used a paper clip to adjust the choke and hold it in place. Pull start. Success.

Ran it for 5 minutes. All good.

Nope. Leaking fuel. Totally F’d. Hope we don’t lose power.

New carb and choke assembly ordered will be here Friday. 🤬🤬

D34BA56E-5575-4B7A-9282-445F7C6B1DB3.jpeg

Cassinonorth

Got 12 inches in my basement. Verge of tears last night... Went to bed around 3 and almost all the water was gone by that point. Running 3 humidifiers and a powerful fan now, somehow I don't think we lost much of anything.

IMG_20210902_010013.jpg

IMG_20210902_010010.jpg

PXL_20210902_125725893.jpg

We knew about this issue and rolled the dice. 3rd time it's happened in 20ish years apparently. Next project is going to be flattening our driveway I guess

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Ping. Ping. Ping. Ping. Ping.
The sound echoing through my house at 1:00am as water droplets (leaking through my attic vent fan) hit the metal AC duct. 😩

iman29

Yesterday afternoon I pulled the generator out of the shed and ran it for 15 minutes just in case I needed it. Started on the first pull and no leaks so ready to go right ?

Not so fast ....

This afternoon after the increased warnings and stuff I decided to skip meetings and bring it up to the side of the house to have it ready to go. Dragged it across the yard and staged it in the usual spot and started it up no issue. Shut it down and smelled gas. Yup carb overflowing again!! FML.

Blew off work from 3-6 and tried to fix it. Cleaned the bowl and needle valve twice. Leaking. Then on final assembly the choke linkage would not work so left it disconnected and put it all back together. Used a paper clip to adjust the choke and hold it in place. Pull start. Success.

Ran it for 5 minutes. All good.

Nope. Leaking fuel. Totally F’d. Hope we don’t lose power.

New carb and choke assembly ordered will be here Friday. 🤬🤬

View attachment 166226
power flickered at 1am and i literally almost threw up cause if the sump pump doesnt run i would be bailing out with buckets.

Lucky for us it didnt go out. Im up north NJ we got a lot of rain but no wind so it wasnt that bad.

Must call electrician this time for external power hookup.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Opening up my refrigerator this morning to grab oat milk for my coffee and discovering the kids used it all for their cereal. ☹️

JonF

Its been 4-5 weeks since i copped a case of the Delta variant (yes, i was vax'd) and i still can't hardly taste or smell anything (although that is actually the least of my lingering post covid afflictions). Wife and I went to the restaurant at Ground for Sculpture for a really nice lunch but sadly i couldn't taste much of it. Did enjoy a nice walk around the grounds afterwards--there's been quite a bit of change since we've been there last a few years back.

iman29

14 year old woke up today feeling fatigued and sore throat. Uh oh.

Called 5 different urgent care places and they all have a 3+ hour wait. Found one finally in Randolph only 1.5 hour wait. Ended up waiting 2.5 hours from the time we got there to the time we left.

Covid was negative.
Strep was positive.

Top Bottom