Stephens State Park Conditions

serviceguy

Heads up there’s a tree down on blue rock right before the berms, too big to move by hand.
Use your feet then.
Need bigger hands.
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning...
6tHOxj5.gif

Robin

Stayed up too today. Tree down at bottom of Pots and Pans/White Trail. Noted on TF.

Other than cobwebs and gnats, Fuzzy Things and Golden Trail in good shape.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Golden Trail has a 6" tree sitting flat on the ground across it.
Easy enough to get over, but that isn't what that trail is about!

I can't remember where we were - @mattybfat ???
Head high, on the Iron Gate race course.

1630256547652.png

There were a few others to clean-up.

It drains good , but not THAT good. Maybe by Saturday or Sunday. Although the rocks in Mooch don't absorb much water. But I bet a lot of branches are down.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Plan on riding the race course on Saturday. If anyone has any insight into the trail conditions there prior it would be great to hear.

TommyF

I was hoping to ride the race course as well this weekend, not sure if Saturday or Sunday with the group would be best.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Obvious, but I think the worst is the lake. The road to the rails never drains on a week of sunny days. More elevation, less water.

effPint

Obvious, but I think the worst is the lake. The road to the rails never drains on a week of sunny days. More elevation, less water.
I live about 20 mins from SSP and swung by this afternoon to scope things out. The trails were in pretty good shape all things considered.

My intent was to ride the race loop, though I made a wrong turn and didn't catch all of white.

There were a few trees down, big ones on Estus Hood and Trestle. Some smaller stuff that I cleared (or mostly cleared) with a hand saw.

Gene was right about the water being the worst by the lake, but it was rideable. Pics attached.

Attachments

• RideMap.jpg
    RideMap.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Estus1.jpg
    Estus1.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Estus2.jpg
    Estus2.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 116
  • EstusMap.jpg
    EstusMap.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Tilcon1.jpg
    Tilcon1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 116
  • Tilcon2.jpg
    Tilcon2.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 109
  • Tilcon3.jpg
    Tilcon3.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 114
  • TilconMap.jpg
    TilconMap.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Trestle.jpg
    Trestle.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 105
  • TrestleMap.jpg
    TrestleMap.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 112

effPint

I live about 20 mins from SSP and swung by this afternoon to scope things out. The trails were in pretty good shape all things considered.

My intent was to ride the race loop, though I made a wrong turn and didn't catch all of white.

There were a few trees down, big ones on Estus Hood and Trestle. Some smaller stuff that I cleared (or mostly cleared) with a hand saw.

Gene was right about the water being the worst by the lake, but it was rideable. Pics attached.
A few more pics...

Attachments

• BlueRock1.jpg
    BlueRock1.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 95
  • BlueRock2.jpg
    BlueRock2.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 97
  • LandOLost1.jpg
    LandOLost1.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 90
  • LandOLost2.jpg
    LandOLost2.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 90

jackx

I rode 10 miles late this afternoon at Stephens. As expected, the worst conditions were around and closest to Tilcon lake. Lots of standing water and the lake is still spilling into and across the gravel path <0.5 mile from the iron gate. There's lots of erosion and a large downed tree that can be ridden under.

Instead of Teepee Rock trail, I took the border mulch trail , which is clear.

66CC36C6-276F-4FCD-9500-D67564383B02.jpeg
D7B4F17B-DA82-4192-B527-37C9EE6A58F4.jpeg
5B828687-BAB9-4776-ADA2-280E5D112A87.jpeg

kaitlyn

Hey peeps. I did the west side: white, pots n' pans, hally-toe and tally-ho. The dirt is fine, perfect, really. There's two spots of trees down on white. I noted them with gps cords on trailforks, here's the pictures. One is easy-peasy, one is chainsaw chops.

PXL_20210907_151251853.jpg
PXL_20210907_151341930.jpg
PXL_20210907_150137384.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions