JORBA Open Membership Page

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Norm similar to past benefits? I like the addition of outdoorsy as I was pushing for experticity for years as it is an IMBA benefit.

Past benefits was really just 10% off some shops. I’m hoping to establish that plus more but it’ll take time.

Karate Monkey

@KenS or @Bleeder what kind of donation/legwork is necessary to get a trail marked up to national standards? I've been at a few parks over the past month that were lacking, to say the least, especially at intersections.

Is this what first time riders feel like at Allaire?

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
@KenS or @Bleeder what kind of donation/legwork is necessary to get a trail marked up to national standards? I've been at a few parks over the past month that were lacking, to say the least, especially at intersections.

Is this what first time riders feel like at Allaire?
Land managers differ in their trail marking requirements/permission process. Which park(s) are you wondering about?

Karate Monkey

Land managers differ in their trail marking requirements/permission process. Which park(s) are you wondering about?

Tourne, Jungle, Allaire (this was pointed out to me by an acquaintance). I'm sure there are others, but a common refrain seems to be where either an access road, fire cut, or rogue trail cuts across, and signage is lacking.

Consistent blazing seems to be an issue, too.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
I thought Tourne was well-marked with colors but i don't ride there much. Adopt a trail program could take care of that there.
Jungle used to be well-marked but signs kept getting ripped down.
i don't know Allaire.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Tourne, Jungle, Allaire (this was pointed out to me by an acquaintance). I'm sure there are others, but a common refrain seems to be where either an access road, fire cut, or rogue trail cuts across, and signage is lacking.

I have ridden all over the country and it is really a mixed bag. I was on the road last week and rode 2 parks.

1 had signs at every intersection and a trail kiosk/map at most intersections.
1 appears to have been built by Vietcong beavers with no signs, no maps, no trail blazes, nothing whatsoever at all.

Both of these are popular parks in New England. So it really does vary from area to area, etc.

Top Bottom