Surly Karate Monkey

Hello All:
Any feedback on SS Surly Karate Monkey 29er frames. Any experience feedback is appreciates. I had a MotobecANE SS 29er frame, I cracked two of them( alluminum frame and rigod fork). Surly is crom-steel.

Thanks,

emrahayhan

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
pretty much every person from martys morristown shop that rides a 29er SS rides a KM. sean, aka anrothar, rode his all over and then some. i don't think they are the lightest frames on planet earth but people sure seem to love them.

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i regret not getting a km when i was buying a bike... everyone seems to love em, and the curved seat tube is pretty cool in that it allows for shorter chainstays...

gtluke

The Moped
damn thing is waaay too big!
404158593_cB4aW-L.jpg

damn thing is waaay too big!
404158593_cB4aW-L.jpg

yes, the geometry seemed to be very odd to me. I normaly ride 17 frame and this does not have the 17, only 18 or 16 seems to be my size. my niner is 17 too. But the bottom bracket seemed to be a little high to me, i think it is the length of seat post tube that cpncerned me. I wanna taste that bike.
thanks for the feedback.

gtluke

The Moped
haha no that's Albert's kid. He's one of the karate monkey / marty's kool aid drinkers :D
They do seem like really fun bikes though.

best lines from the mountain man race:

Mickey and Minnie mouse?
KARATE MONKIES!!!!
don't get surely about it...

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Km

I would agree with everyone else...great price pont for the frame and a bit heavy. I will check what size mine is and get back to you. If the size is right you can borrow for a bit to see if you like it or not. I will shoot you an e-mail tonight.

Bob W.

I would agree with everyone else...great price pont for the frame and a bit heavy. I will check what size mine is and get back to you. If the size is right you can borrow for a bit to see if you like it or not. I will shoot you an e-mail tonight.

Bob W.

Hi Bob:

I appreciate it. I really wanted to ride before I bought it. The frame is around 5.6 pds which is ok for a everyday riding. Thanks,

EmrahAyhan

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Hello All:
Any feedback on SS Surly Karate Monkey 29er frames. Any experience feedback is appreciates. I had a MotobecANE SS 29er frame, I cracked two of them( alluminum frame and rigod fork). Surly is crom-steel.

Thanks,

emrahayhan

You could also look at the steel Haro Mary 29er. A bunch of people on this forum have the Mary. Really sweet looking bike...

08F_MarySS.jpg

LOVE my KM... Size Large, rigid SS... I run a slightly bigger rear cog (21?), and it extends the rideable terrain to include most hills around Jersey without too much problem... It's an awesome frame... It doesn't really feel so heavy, just solid and responsive. And it's perfect in 3 inches of snow.
BB

Spylab

Sorry, I am on a tangent here. Don't own and have never ridden a Karate Monkey, but as a Steamroller owner I've got to comment that Surly's customer service is phenomenal. Down to earth folks who just want you to have the best ride possible; just a reassuring tidbit.

Top Bottom