This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

MMuller

We need to get beyond borders and think more that this is a virus, where or however it emerged, that is transmitted by anyone that breathes air. Get the globe vaccinated now. Sitting on shelves going bad here in US and my daughter in Australia can't get one?! I'll fedex a dose and it'll be there in 2 days.

thegock

Why does it seem like you revel in joy every time more people die?

It's seriously messed up. I mean, I like ribbing Rick as much as the next guy but you know, these are real people that are dying, right?

I don't think "revel in joy" is precisely how I would phrase it, but then again, I am "not the brightest bulb in the chandelier," aight?

My intent here is to point out that while you might "be over the virus," (see various posts above) the virus is not "over you."

btw, I don't think anyone likes ribbing @SLIK RICK more than moi? anyone?

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Why does it seem like you revel in joy every time more people die?

It's seriously messed up. I mean, I like ribbing Rick as much as the next guy but you know, these are real people that are dying, right?

It's text, how do you get that from his writing?

Anyone who has been bragging about no masks hasn't helped the situation. Here we are with delta and people are unwilling to mask back up.

People are stupid

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
People are stupid

People are stupid because if they don't agree with your random rants, it makes them so?

There is no evidence that suggests vaccinated people need to worry about this. If you want to say people are stupid for not getting vaccinated, I'm not going to argue. But those of us who are, have done what we needed to do. If everyone got vaccinated this would be a non issue.

1626915548906.png

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Transmission rate is back up to 1.40 and may not peak until September? JFC if I have to wear a mask all winter again...

Can we all agree the next time the transmission rate drops below 1.00 that we lock this thread unless the site gets ad money from Pfizer or J&J?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I worry about my daughter. She is ten. Can’t get a shot in her yet. The rest of us in the house are all vaccinated with Pfizer. My wife and I have decided that we are masking back up when we go out to stores so we don’t bring something back home that ends up hitting her. The town next door (Franklin in Somerset) is seeing many new daily cases, and increases in cases every day for the past week.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I worry about my daughter. She is ten. Can’t get a shot in her yet. The rest of us in the house are all vaccinated with Pfizer. My wife and I have decided that we are masking back up when we go out to stores so we don’t bring something back home that ends up hitting her. The town next door (Franklin in Somerset) is seeing many new daily cases, and increases in cases every day for the past week.

I totally get that. September/October for that segment of the population I understand.

It will be interesting to see how schools play this.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
People are stupid because if they don't agree with your random rants, it makes them so?

There is no evidence that suggests vaccinated people need to worry about this. If you want to say people are stupid for not getting vaccinated, I'm not going to argue. But those of us who are, have done what we needed to do. If everyone got vaccinated this would be a non issue.

View attachment 163107

The way you quoted it should be the way it was received, people(everyone) is stupid. Regardless if you agree or not people are stupid. But here we are

Go to bed

mfennell

There is no evidence that suggests vaccinated people need to worry about this.

We don't need to worry about dying. I'd still rather not not get COVID. I recently learned that a 'mild' case (the kind I would probably get) is basically anything that doesn't result in hospitalization. Two days in bed? Mild.

That said, I'm still booked on an overnight train to visit my mom in Clermont, FL (west of Orlando) in August, with a flight back. I intend to beat @rick81721's time up the local 'big' climb. :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'm going to LA county next month....

will report back. I hope.

mfennell

It will be interesting to see how schools play this.

No word from our school yet but they managed an entire year of masking and separated desks. It just wasn't a big deal. A few kids caught COVID from parents or siblings but there was no transmission at school.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We don't need to worry about dying. I'd still rather not not get COVID.

Me neither. But I don't want to get the flu, nor have I ever wanted to. I also don't want to die in a car accident but I still drive.

No word from our school yet but they managed an entire year of masking and separated desks. It just wasn't a big deal. A few kids caught COVID from parents or siblings but there was no transmission at school.

Signs popping up all over the neighborhoods about unmasking the children. I assume it'll be political.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I have a feeling my township is going to be all hybrid. Two days in the building, three days at home, with half the kids showing up on alternate days.

I hope the data from the pediatric trials is good.

one piece crank

I have a feeling my township is going to be all hybrid. Two days in the building, three days at home, with half the kids showing up on alternate days.

I hope the data from the pediatric trials is good.
I feel for you that have younger children, that's a pickle. All I've got are coworkers' comments/observations from this past school year, which don't make sense to post here :oops:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can tell you that my wife says she is seeing very little covid at the ER.....She has seen people who were vaccinated come in testing positive tho....Has seen kids in the ER with coivd, although not many.

That said, the ER is absolutely overrun busy....She has not gotten out of work on time in like 2 months. Much like it usually is, the ER is back to being full, all the time. My wife tells me that currently it reminds her of the winter...Many kids coming in with respiratory issues, virus'....things you would typically see in the winter.....then of course....Mountain creek kids everyday, kids lighting off fireworks in their hands, car accidents, sports accidents, etc....

Reactions: don

roc

Me neither. But I don't want to get the flu, nor have I ever wanted to. I also don't want to die in a car accident but I still drive.

Signs popping up all over the neighborhoods about unmasking the children. I assume it'll be political.
saw a bunch on my ride yesterday “free the smiles”. At first I didn’t have any idea what it was about, but a few houses later, they the “unmask our kids” and the “free the smiles”. Then I got it.

I can’t tell if I’m being selfish, because my kids are 14 and 16 and vaccinated, but I’m ok with no masks in school this year. While I’m not “over it”, meaning people dying, I do think if you’re not willing to protect yourself with the vaccine, because of a gov’t, pharma, conspiracy, well, maybe natural selection is doing it’s job?

I am at the point, where if someone doesn’t want to get vaccinate, that’s on them, and the rest of us should start going back to normal. The hospital are not going to be overrun, so I can’t see a need to go back to masks.

Top Bottom