6 Mile Run Conditions

CNJRider

Joker
How long will it take this place to be rideable again after this deluge?
Guess it depends on how much heat and sunshine we get afterwards and how damp the surface was prior to the storm. I’ve noticed that the park can recover pretty quickly depending on those factors. I will say that the trails were still on the wet side due to last week’s rains so may not recover as quickly as when it was parched in June.

But all this is speculation. There is only one way to know!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
So I just did the canal side with my son. I give it a C+

it’s mostly dry, or it’s puddles. More puddles than normal, but if it’s not a puddle it’s good grippy dirt. No long sections of peanut butter, just the normal wet spots are wet.

dvaidya

I would like to thank the folks who maintain the trails. I rode the blue yesterday from Canal to Middlebush and enjoyed riding it. There were certain spots where I had to get off the bike because I was not confident enough that I will be able to manage. That's on me as a beginner riding the trail.

Thanks again. If you need help with trail maintenance after 6pm weekday or weekend anytime let me know. I am willing to provide labor.

WJF

Looking to precut some 2X6 replacement wood for the elevated boardwalk by the concrete bridge on the 27 side.
Can someone take a tape measure next time out and get me a representative deck width for me?
It would save me time and energy to deploy this wood out there.

Thanks - It's Hammer Time

p02qpntd.jpg

WJF

Looking to precut some 2X6 replacement wood for the elevated boardwalk by the concrete bridge on the 27 side.
Can someone take a tape measure next time out and get me a representative deck width for me?
It would save me time and energy to deploy this wood out there.

Thanks - It's Hammer Time

View attachment 162119
Thanks goes out to Ed K for the measurements!! I will get out this evening and get the repairs done to the missing decking.

48FA0A9D-01CF-46B4-9783-7B4BFF465035.jpeg

kearneyb

Road canal side today. Blue, red, white and red extension. 98% was great. Enough moisture in the trail, no dust and no ruts. Some puddles. Forgot the deet and found two ticks climbing up my legs.

Those who have done trimming have done a fantastic job. Blue approaching the long bridge and white near the parking lot could use a trim. Let me know when and I can try to join in to help out.

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions