James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I can get you a job there tomorrow. If you're really interested let me know and we'll see if it works. I'm not joking. Regardless of Millennial A we still have an open posting on LinkedIn currently.

I don't know anything about ServiceNow. Like, I wouldn't even recognize it if I saw it on someone's computer screen.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't know anything about ServiceNow. Like, I wouldn't even recognize it if I saw it on someone's computer screen.

Yeah, that's ok. Pretty sure Millennial A wouldn't either half the time. If you can use Javascript and you don't droll (much), you're good to go.

serviceguy

ServiceNow implementation. IT-based stuff(s).
Wait, are you double-dipping as cover-model ?!?!

Norm.JPG

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I expected a long day. The day did not disappoint.

Let's kick it off with the explosion that Millennial A resigned. In hindsight the signs were there, but at the same time he has been a lazy sack for a while now so it's hard to tell his "on" state from his "off" state. This is all well and good because my boss called me and just got to the point. "Am I going to have to fire him?" he asked. "Yes," I replied, "Just not today." It works out better this way. Case closed.

Then my cap fell off again. I called the dentist but they did not get back to me. I didn't have the time anyway.

I mowed the lawn which was a foot tall. D told me a few days ago to skip it and wait until i got back. I told her my future self was going to be pissed at my past self. Can confirm.

Had a call with VMBA to talk about member benefits and partnerships and the like. It was good but honestly felt it was like a high school kid talking to Jordan about how to win an NBA championship. We're not even crawling right now. You know what? Just over 1% of the population of Vermont is a VMBA member. Let that sink in.

My parents showed up and I got to see Bear for a little bit. They left Julia, made dinner, but took the pup back with them. I was super busy and stressed most of the day so I didn't get to talk to them much at all. They made a great dinner though. I am thankful for that.

Taxi duty was picking up the boys, dropping Zac at basketball, dropping Simon at soccer, bringing Julia to her mother's, picking up Simon at soccer, and finally picking Zac up at basketball.

Finally I rode the trainer for a flat hour at a moderate pace.

I don't have a picture today so I give you 5 years ago, at Jungle Habitat, via FB:

35971888_10215816693386259_8332311995340554240_n.jpg

Gene

The Dancing Machine
Maybe we need to talk more of our craft beers with the biking. Also , if 1% is just residents is the remainder from surrounding states?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Today

Had a call with VMBA to talk about member benefits and partnerships and the like. It was good but honestly felt it was like a high school kid talking to Jordan about how to win an NBA championship. We're not even crawling right now. You know what? Just over 1% of the population of Vermont is a VMBA member. Let that sink in.
It is great to talk to the big dog in the NE, but I think the difference is so great that it isnt motivating. Really hard to compete with a state that has legit mountain resorts and a place like kingdom, where people rent a house for an entire week. A better comparison is probably CT and MA, who have a demographic that is more relatable to NJ and doesnt have multiple places that attract people to take a full riding vacation too (I dont remember team MTBNJ ever getting a house in those states).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I woke up pretty exhausted on what was going to be another long day. Started working straight away when I got up because I needed to bank as many hours as early as I could.

The dentist called and said they could glue the cap back on at 11:30. When I got there, they decided to put the permanent one on which took 15 minutes. Why they didn't just do that the last time is beyond me but now we should be good to go there.

Picked up Julia. Had the kids pack stuff. Loaded the car. Put the bike extension on. Put 5 bikes on the car. Then hit the road.

We are all now in a condo on the side of Killington. D met us there, so I got to see my wife for the first time in 12 days or so. We also met Alex & Mark who are spending the weekend with us in the condo. We are once again a family, spending the weekend with some of our best friends.

D and I went for a walk after dinner and got to talk in real life, which was nice. We know this is going to be a batshit crazy summer, and possibly fall, so any small bits of quiet time we can get is good.

FIL update is more of the same. He did get the drain out of his skull today which is not a statement you say very often. Objectively he is doing better but he looks, well, like a guy who had a life-threatening stroke 13 days ago. It's going to be a long road for him as well as the family.

oe3HtZA.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...I woke up in Vermont. I'm pretty sure that's always going to be a recipe for a good day.

We made our way to the downhill park and saw some NJ people we knew, and would see again through the day. Sherry & a couple of Jennys to be exact. The day was good but I would be lying if I said we didn't have a few bumps in the dirt road. This is why we bring Neosporin and a bike stand/tools.

IMG_2422.jpg

First contestant was Julia, of all people. I'm not sure what went wrong but she ended up walking down the very end of the trail with some random guy who was kind enough to help her after she ultra-tacoed her wheel. She somehow hit the deck but the bike ended up getting the worst of it. In the end she wasn't hurt, and really only just got a little dirty but at that point her day was done so I took her back to the condo to clean herself up and headed back to the park.

Contestant 2 was Simon who destroyed his FD somehow. At the bottom of the hill I found a big rock and managed to pound it into shape enough not to derail the day but I'm going to need to put a more permanent fix on this before the start of day tomorrow.

Contestant 3 was me, who clipped a tree and went flying down Krusty at mach speed while the bike sort of stayed mostly where the tree stopped it. A few scrapes on the forearm and leg, but the worst of it was the Garmin screen that looks like it got hit with a hammer. After that I immediately got on the bike and shot down the trail and hit a jump only to realize my right clip wasn't in and I almost ate shit again but thankfully just landed on my tire and managed to not crash. Shortly after, my right brake lever went all the way to the bar. All of this was on the same run.

Called it a day around 4:30 and went back to the condo to clean up. D, Alex, and Julia helped cook dinner while I changed D's rear brake pads. We gobbled up some chicken, potatoes, squash, and green beans.

Now we are all sort of lounging around the condo like sea lions on the piers in the San Francisco bay.

It was a good day.

IMG_2426.jpg

serviceguy

Today

...I woke up in Vermont. I'm pretty sure that's always going to be a recipe for a good day.

We made our way to the downhill park and saw some NJ people we knew, and would see again through the day. Sherry & a couple of Jennys to be exact. The day was good but I would be lying if I said we didn't have a few bumps in the dirt road. This is why we bring Neosporin and a bike stand/tools.

View attachment 160370

First contestant was Julia, of all people. I'm not sure what went wrong but she ended up walking down the very end of the trail with some random guy who was kind enough to help her after she ultra-tacoed her wheel. She somehow hit the deck but the bike ended up getting the worst of it. In the end she wasn't hurt, and really only just got a little dirty but at that point her day was done so I took her back to the condo to clean herself up and headed back to the park.

Contestant 2 was Simon who destroyed his FD somehow. At the bottom of the hill I found a big rock and managed to pound it into shape enough not to derail the day but I'm going to need to put a more permanent fix on this before the start of day tomorrow.

Contestant 3 was me, who clipped a tree and went flying down Krusty at mach speed while the bike sort of stayed mostly where the tree stopped it. A few scrapes on the forearm and leg, but the worst of it was the Garmin screen that looks like it got hit with a hammer. After that I immediately got on the bike and shot down the trail and hit a jump only to realize my right clip wasn't in and I almost ate shit again but thankfully just landed on my tire and managed to not crash. Shortly after, my right brake lever went all the way to the bar. All of this was on the same run.

Called it a day around 4:30 and went back to the condo to clean up. D, Alex, and Julia helped cook dinner while I changed D's rear brake pads. We gobbled up some chicken, potatoes, squash, and green beans.

Now we are all sort of lounging around the condo like sea lions on the piers in the San Francisco bay.

It was a good day.

View attachment 160371
May I suggest this for the next garmin screen?

Pulen Screen Protextor Garmin 530/830

Top Bottom