Minnewaska State Park, NY 11/15

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
So I'm booked for this music convention for the weekend somewhere in NY. I figure I can keep the beer consumption down and steal away for a ride at some point. Shall I bring the MTB, road or rigid? I just googled the hotel and found out I'm going to be practically sleeping in Minnewaska State Park!!!!

OMG!!!
So it's the MTB for sure. Anybody want to give me a tour sometime Saturday?
Any pointers? Got a map?

de00304

Here is a track:
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3598101

Minnewaska is a beautiful area with amazing views, but not very technical as it is mostly all carriage roads. Some steep climbing, but nothing too hard.

The track above starts at minnewaska lake, and then takes you out and around a second lake called awosting lake. It is very nice, and in the summer you can swim at a "beach" made up of an enourmous flat rock. The track then climbs up to a viewpoint (called castle point I believe) and back to minnewaska lake. It then does an out and back out to millbrook cliffs. Folks climb these cliffs, although I believe it requires a rappel in to start.

You can also go around the backside of minnewaska lake, which you can see in this track. Going this way adds in some more steep climbs and decents.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5743581

Overall, a really enjoyable ride, with great views, cliffs, lakes, etc - very unique...

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
So I'm booked for this music convention for the weekend somewhere in NY. I figure I can keep the beer consumption down and steal away for a ride at some point. Shall I bring the MTB, road or rigid? I just googled the hotel and found out I'm going to be practically sleeping in Minnewaska State Park!!!!

OMG!!!
So it's the MTB for sure. Anybody want to give me a tour sometime Saturday?
Any pointers? Got a map?

Hi Cyclopath!,
Since you are going to Minnewaska this weekend, stop by The Bicycle Depot. You will drive right by it on Main St. It's 100' just before you cross over the Wallkill River on the right side, The address is ... The Bicycle Depot 15 Main St. New Paltz, NY. Ask for Mike or Jeff (the owners) they can give you loads of info. If your looking for some awesome single track MTBing there's Larson's Loop, only known to the locals which is ajacent to Minnewaska. Tell them Christina sent ya :D

RC ... :)

liong71er

hello,..cyclopath! you're one fine lady mtbikers iv'ed ever ride with :) and goodluck with your music convention and also bring some of your tasty cookies too....hhmmm yummy.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
C'mon up here and ride, Liong.
The views are spectacular(as are the climbs).
I did an mtbnj.com search on this place last night.
No singletrack yet, but they're working on it.
Tell ya' more later.

Dinner is now. Gotta go network, mingle, hob-nob and such. :whoopdedo

Oh, and not a single banjo yet, but there's still time!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
C'mon up here and ride, Liong.
The views are spectacular(as are the climbs).
I did an mtbnj.com search on this place last night.
No singletrack yet, but they're working on it.
Tell ya' more later.

Dinner is now. Gotta go network, mingle, hob-nob and such. :whoopdedo

Oh, and not a single banjo yet, but there's still time![/QUOTE

Since you are going to Minnewaska this weekend, stop by The Bicycle Depot. You will drive right by it on Main St. It's 100' just before you cross over the Wallkill River on the right side, The address is ... The Bicycle Depot 15 Main St. New Paltz, NY. Ask for Mike or Jeff (the owners) they can give you loads of info. If your looking for some awesome single track MTBing there's Larson's Loop, only known to the locals which is ajacent to Minnewaska. Tell them Christina sent

:hmmm: :confused: :D

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Thanks RC!
I'm over in Kerhonksen about 30 min away.
It looks like I'm in for the same kind of nasty weather as in NJ tomorrow.
No ride here:cry: might as well go sulk in a bike shop...

Or I could have a few too many, wander the halls till dawn and look for whacky musicians... EEK! They're everywhere!!

Top Bottom