This Thread Blows - C19 and beyond

JerseyPete

I just came from Kings. Less than half of the people are wearing masks, and the "one way" direction signs are no longer on the aisles.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's

Slightly funny video asking people on the streets why they're still wearing masks if they are vaccinated.

I don't really care if people wear masks, unlike @rick81721 but I do wonder why people still do. Even a few engineers at work had Covid, are vaccinated, and wear masks. Whatever, but everytime I talk to them I'm just puzzled.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have anti-vaxxers in the same office...

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep

Slightly funny video asking people on the streets why they're still wearing masks if they are vaccinated.

I don't really care if people wear masks, unlike @rick81721 but I do wonder why people still do. Even a few engineers at work had Covid, are vaccinated, and wear masks. Whatever, but everytime I talk to them I'm just puzzled.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have anti-vaxxers in the same office...

My wife was at a client meeting today. Everyone was vaccinated but 3 still wore masks. However, every time they spoke they would pull the mask down so she could see their mouth.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
My wife was at a client meeting today. Everyone was vaccinated but 3 still wore masks. However, every time they spoke they would pull the mask down so she could see their mouth.
The day before NJ allowed outdoor seating I ordered food at Panera, said fuck it as nobody was around and sat down outside to eat it. Figured no big deal.

Employee came over, took his mask off to speak to me, politely asked me not to eat their food in their chair.

Like whatever, but it's just so crazy.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
It's 2021 and we are still at a point where news agencies need to report shit that boils down to, "HEY LOOK, SCIENCE IS REAL!"

Progress.

florida has stopped reporting cause it is over.

serviceguy

It's 2021 and we are still at a point where news agencies need to report shit that boils down to, "HEY LOOK, SCIENCE IS REAL!"

Progress.
I personally like the fact that you just need to claim whatever bs you bring up just needs to be alleged as science to be automatically undisputable. And I mean impersonal you obviously. Quick reminder, no longer than 100 years ago heroin was the cutting edge of cough treatment as well as the rebellious wife’s treatment of choice (yes, ‘science’ said that, look it up). Should I mention all tobacco companies advertising on the medical journal as recommended by all physicians just maybe 50 years ago? Allow me to think that science is as scientific and credible as the least credible of scientist as long as just calling it science makes it true. We already have a bunch of ‘only true’ religions for that line of reasoning.

Reactions: don

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I personally like the fact that you just need to claim whatever bs you bring up just needs to be alleged as science to be automatically undisputable. And I mean impersonal you obviously. Quick reminder, no longer than 100 years ago heroin was the cutting edge of cough treatment as well as the rebellious wife’s treatment of choice (yes, ‘science’ said that, look it up). Should I mention all tobacco companies advertising on the medical journal as recommended by all physicians just maybe 50 years ago? Allow me to think that science is as scientific and credible as the least credible of scientist as long as just calling it science makes it true. We already have a bunch of ‘only true’ religions for that line of reasoning.

science is fluid, we learn more every day. It takes a strong back to admit best practices are wrong.
sure there are cover-ups (tobacco) an f-ups (that aids drug) - gotta hope that the reviews are now subject to more
scrutiny, the data is more public.

People are looking to bomb the vax right now. they aren't finding much.
but it is still in its infancy. another 6 months.
another year.
it will go by fast. i'm feeling like a guinea pig. oh well.
if it doesn't kill me, it will give me another arm growing out my forehead!

serviceguy

science is fluid, we learn more every day. It takes a strong back to admit best practices are wrong.
sure there are cover-ups (tobacco) an f-ups (that aids drug) - gotta hope that the reviews are now subject to more
scrutiny, the data is more public.

People are looking to bomb the vax right now. they aren't finding much.
but it is still in its infancy. another 6 months.
another year.
it will go by fast. i'm feeling like a guinea pig. oh well.
if it doesn't kill me, it will give me another arm growing out my forehead!
I wasn’t ‘bombing’ the vaccine. Seems to be the only thing that is bringing us back to normal (a new type anyway). Hopefully there are not going to be side effects in the long term, and the ones that some ‘scientist’ predicted so far have not materialized.

But during the last year and a half (but really it’s a lot longer than that) ‘science’ told us everything and it’s entirely opposite demanding the outmost faith in what we were told, always. And the wrath of science would be descended upon you if only raised a shadow of a doubt...I guess that what I’m trying to say is that if adopted as a dogmatic religion ‘science’ can suck pretty much like any other one.

Top Bottom