6 Mile Run Conditions

ekuhn

Obviously wet. I trimmed white and red - pretty much the short loop you can do off Jacques Lane. Forbidden red I did not get to, nor blue.
Efforts applauded!

While tooling around the race, there are some spots that def need some attention. Hoping if we get a break in the weather before July hoping to get out early on a weekend morning early and hack some spots back.

ekuhn

I’ll head out on blue tomorrow. Blue is bad over by the fields
I know it can be hard - but maybe we can figure out a way to map what needs attention. Referencing the major access points.

I don't know all the short cuts in and out like @WJF. I normally try to use the lap function on my Garmin to mark the areas, but that can be hard on foot.

I haven't done a full loop there this season.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I know it can be hard - but maybe we can figure out a way to map what needs attention. Referencing the major access points.

I don't know all the short cuts in and out like @WJF. I normally try to use the lap function on my Garmin to mark the areas, but that can be hard on foot.

I haven't done a full loop there this season.
I took a spin the other morning on the canal side. There isn’t a trail that doesn’t need it. I just walk it, and cut as I go. I haven’t been over to the 27 side, so if you can start there, that would be a win.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
My brush hog is in the shop, but I’ll get out there shortly.
I’ve had a ton of people asking when I’m leading a trail building day, and honestly I doubt I’ll do a group day anytime soon.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I’ve had a ton of people asking when I’m leading a trail building day, and honestly I doubt I’ll do a group day anytime soon.
Need one of those 70 people ones like the good ole days (joking)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

what about having a ranger do the lead?

NJ Gator

Hey all- any thoughts on conditions early tomorrow morning? Anyone ride today? We got a brief heavy rain yesterday but it was hot as hell today.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Hey all- any thoughts on conditions early tomorrow morning? Anyone ride today? We got a brief heavy rain yesterday but it was hot as hell today.
I was out on foot this morning and it was wet AF. I wouldn’t ride. It was soft and puddles were every twenty feet in spots. Mind you, I didn’t cover a ton of ground, but I had a good sized sample of the canal side.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
What rangers? I've literally never seen one in my 10+ years of riding here.
6MR is state (i think). Sourlands and Chimney Rock are Somerset County and THOSE rangers are the ones Patrick loves. Also have never seen a ranger at 6MR.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
What rangers? I've literally never seen one in my 10+ years of riding here.

i've seen them in the parking lot.

6MR has great support from the parks maintenance person. have back-hoe, will travel.
Not his job to do any people management, but @jdog has established a relationship that gets stuff
done well behind the scenes.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
Conditions are really good.

Trail is relatively clear now on blue from canal lot to this bridge close to Blackwell Mills Road:

DA88C63D-05A7-4C25-91D5-AD616FD7B2CB.jpeg
00232081-8C63-446D-9DDF-7B98926AD994.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions